COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Have they come down to 50% in NYC? Last days I saw was over a week ago, broken down by area, and the lowest was 45%. Highest 80-85%.

2. TennTradition

This total deaths will too most likely. Difference here might be total cases gets a very big revision up as well. Maybe not because of the attention it’s getting. But look at flu. Only just over 5000 people died of flu (lab confirmed) this season (data current to two weeks ago I think). But when modeled that number will end up being more like 20-30k when they post the official numbers.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What kills me is China is still reporting 3,300 deaths. There is no way China only has 3,300 deaths when Italy would have that in 3 days.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Remember when only Asians could get it?

gcbvol, NYY and IP like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

And then only Asians and Italians. And then well not black people. And then well not children. Oops!

gcbvol likes this.
  6. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Been looking at TN County Dept of Health websites and found this to be interesting on the Hamilton County report ...
    upload_2020-4-4_11-57-23.png

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

One of my wife’s friends is a RN that works in Lexington in the cancer wing of the hospital.

One of the doctors thought he just had seasonal allergies all week but they just got the new rapid test in to take before seeing patients.

Turns out it was CV and they’re extremely worried since he saw his full load of cancer patients this week.

Tenacious D and Madcap laughs like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

that's scary. Also can make you wonder how many people were in the same boat during this flu and allergy season. No telling.

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My brother's current symptoms include head congestion. We were kind of relieved by that, but I guess it's still possible he has it.

15. TennTradition

The demographics of who has CV in Tennessee is interesting. It skews heavily toward younger people. There are more people between 21-30 with it than 60+.

That’s going to help the current hospitalizations and deaths a lot.

Hope we don’t see that turn - though I do wonder how it is possible given national stats. Are old Tennesseans not bothering you get tested?

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I think one thing is there's some damned ornery older people around here that don't go to the doctor for anything. Don't matter how sick they are. They are just wired like that and have toughed it out their entire lives. I know a few in my family like that. I think that's part of it - the people that simply refuse to go to the doctor.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep. Had it not got into the Gallatin nursing home the numbers would be even better.

Last I checked Sumner Co had the most deaths and that was the source.

19. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

TT - skewing towards the millennial's is a good point - More apt to recover which would hopefully keep our death rate lower.
    For national stats, looking at Worldometer, surprising that 20 states are currently reporting zero recoveries, especially New Jersey.
    Jersey is second in cases at 34,124

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah and the cookeville nursing home