COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Recovery number is off like the others if we dont include the many at home who didnt get tested.

2. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So SARS and now COVID-19; does the World finally get tired of China's Government's Shit?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    MaconVol likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At what point does society say "we've got to move forward"? April 30th? May 15th?

At some point the cure does become worse than the disease, dos it not?

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I missed that one.

Hope it's not as bad as the one in Gallatin.

6. CardinalVol

Hometown is also 0 for 98 in tests.

Beechervol likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Another good topic of discussion.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It does.

The line is in different places depending on who you ask. Some think we ve already passed it. Others think it should be farther down the road.

Having said that, if this bug was taking 50% of those contracting it, it would change where you have to go to stop it.

It's going to be an incremental road back country wide. Some areas will get back to normal much quicker than others.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Male privilege

TBSVOL likes this.
  10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What makes you think we are even close to nearing such a point?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Old ones go to Hardee's, Ace Hardware and then the local meat and 3. They never leave that bubble

TBSVOL, utvol0427 and CardinalVol like this.
  13. CardinalVol

I don't know if there is anything close to a definitive answer. I can tell you this stimulus package is a drop in the bucket and I do not think is going to buy us near as much time as we need.

IP and Tenacious D like this.
  14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Seems to be some positive indications today.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Like what are you guys seeing that seems to indicate there is some sort of negative effect from the quarantine that comes close to negating high numbers of dead people?

Maybe I just haven’t watched the news, but about all I’ve seen is some people losing their jobs and complaining about being bored.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Like what?

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

What worries me are the church services tbh.

After stocking up our PPE, maximizing our testing capacity, keeping the stress low on our hospitals, I could see us opening up some places at a low capacity.

And then a couple weeks of mega church services just completely wrecking it.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

“People with lupus aren’t catching this horrible virus. They’re not affected by this. Maybe they are. Maybe they’re not. You’d have to check that out.”

This was Trump today trying to hype hydrochloriquine and referenced people with lupus, who use this drug. Just the kind of steady leadership we need in these difficult times.

reverendgeneral likes this.
  19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Why does he keep pumping this?

Is he facing resistance to using it from the FDA or doctors? I know the Michigan governor got in a tizzy for a bit but that seems to be over.

There are other potential treatments being tried as well.

And it isn’t like it was his idea. Hell we were talking about it on here and 53 had his wife try to order it before Trump talked about it.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Crazy how politicized it got.

It’s a real treatment that doctors here and in other countries are using. My wife has gave it out to two different patients so far.

The media sorta attacked due to trump pushing it. That make trump push it even harder.