COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

One of the annoying things I've seen around, including with some docs, is the idea that the flu kills 40k a year, so we're really just twice as bad as the flu right now.

But if I ask "would we see 40k deaths if we locked down for 2-3 months?" I get a "of course not."

There is your true lethality. It's 10x or worse than seasonal flu.

SetVol13 likes this.
  3. fl0at_

Father in law has an abscess and needs it drained and a few days of IV antibiotics and can't get admitted--no beds.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Where?

5. fl0at_

Methodist Germantown

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unimane likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Geez. There's not a single hospitalized case in Knox co today.

Tenacious D likes this.
  8. fl0at_

I read a bit more. This is interesting, especially as the CEO is saying they are using low concentrations to inhibit.

They are moving to animal studies next, with a mid-July target for human studies if all goes well.

I wouldn't touch their stock, unless you like a gamble, though. They could flame out in animal studies, or never even report anything again, and their doubling of price will slowly just fade away.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Nurses in some nashville hospitals have been furloughed due to the lack of patients in the to care for. Empty rooms and beds all over the place

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Wife spoke to someone today who had been scheduled to give birth there, but it was full and had to go to Baptist. Maybe furloughs hit them hard.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The priority is, always and foremost, to deal with enemies and protect Trump, not deal with issues. Thus it becomes important to address completely irrelevant points and put out silliness like this. I mean, oooooooh, a binder! Is that supposed to be more impressive anyway? Her snotty attitude like she thinks she put everyone in their place just seals it for me.

reverendgeneral likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tell the manufacturers to move to Tennessee and I'll build them some warehouses.

droski likes this.
  13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Joe Rogan said he’s looking to move to Texas if they remained shutdown.

I think this will cause a lot of flight out of the state on the business front

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Garcetti seems to want to shut it down until we get a cure

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Portland still has plenty of room.

justingroves likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And very few storm water restrictions, the only downside is White House water

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've built two 12,000 square foot industrial buildings for small businesses that have moved from California in the past year

hohenfelsvol and Volst53 like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This is an interesting move given that the CDC wanted to count “if you died with CV, report it,” which CO did. But the issue with this is if CV isn’t on the death certificate, there is going to be an issue later. I’m surprised by the magnitude though.

20. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

The range on estimated flu deaths was 30K - 60K, 50%.

I'm expecting revisions on these COVID numbers for years.