COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

His demographic being, "responsible and following guidance."

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Damn. You guys need to take some vitamins or something.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was going by humorless, asinine, joyless [Penis].

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's going to live forever.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I got a legit quote from a WREG article from end of March:

This is my city. These are my people.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm going to need some double blind peer-reviewed studies on this.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn't work? Must be sinful.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

King alfred on Last Kingdom prays for help all the time but is too much of a fool to realize the pagan was sent by God.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I personally hate wearing the mask. It's not comfortable at all and its benefits are negligible, but non-zero. But I put on the mask because it makes people FEEL better, and even though its uncomfortable it doesn't require anything for me to do so. So I wear it as a courtesy to others, for the 15 minutes I'm in a store.

10. fl0at_

Too hard to find a control group that matches the population, and agrees not to pray for the length of the study.

SetVol13 likes this.
  11. fl0at_

Same. I inevitably run across someone without a mask, which makes mine useless. But oh well.

My favorite mask has so far been the all star clearly former Ole Miss sororawhore who kept pulling her mask down to talk to her husband while walking through the store. Why even bother.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But you'd want them to pray. You could just invent a fake deity for them to worship and tell them he's real. Or give them prayers to read that are supposedly in Latin, but are actually just gibberish.

A-Smith likes this.
  13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Look...Everyone has their own decision to make about this virus. If you desire to to be more on the cautious side, even to the point of barricading yourself and family in your home (not saying thats what you or anyone else on this site is doing) then that's your choice. I won't degrade you for doing so. May not agree but still respect you.

I keep my distance from people when I'm in public out of respect. But I am not going out of my way to take a bath in lysol every time after I go out in public either. All this to come back around to, we can disagree, yet still respect each other's positions. I won't try to convince you why you should feel the same way I do, because again, I believe everyone should make up their own mind about it.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Mine has been working great for me so far.

[​IMG]

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

E plurubus unum y habius corpus ad inifinitum!

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am not trying to get into an argument with you, but just to give you another way to look at it, which I am sure you have, so forgive me.

Your explanation can also be used for a lot of things, such as disposing of motor oil in a hole in my back yard. I am just of a different opinion of you just doesn't fly in that instance. We are all interconnected and all it takes is one person, sometimes, to not do the right thing and we all pay for it. In my example, one guy might poison the wells of his neighbors by disposing of his oil in a hole or a sinkhole on in property.

And I believe that is where the idea of wearing a mask comes in. A mask really doesn't protect you, it protects those around you. And that is how I try to look at it.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  18. fl0at_

Right, but what was the thought process leading you to make up your mind this way?

19. BigOrangeBeech

Believe you me, I have not been closed minded on any of this stuff, although some may see it that way. I've always, in life in general, tried to listen/study both or multiple sides of viewpoints, but at the end of the day I'm going to make up my own mind. And I believe by keeping my distance, and being respectful of others space during this pandemic is the best approach for anyone regardless of where you stand on the subject.

20. BigOrangeBeech

Has everyone in the medical profession, science profession, etc. come to the same exact conclusion about this virus in general? How to handle it?