COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

'member?

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m a huge fan.

A navy seal that lost an eye during service that shoots it straight.

I hope he runs for president one day

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Honestly, if people speak with absolute certainty about COVID, they're probably full of shit.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Like when people said with certainty tthe virus could not have been in the US before the date the media and china gave us and called others idiots for mentioning it. Yes i agree.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

It does work both ways.

6. Ssmiff

I know

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why are people so against wearing masks?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In the beginning, masks weren't necessary according to experts. Then, millions were dying and hospitals were going to be treating people on the sidewalk. That didn't happen. Now, masks are what keeps the spread from happening.

People are skeptical of what they read and hear because everything is highly political.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Now, I wear them as much as I can (I've bought boxes for my employees and keep a handful in my truck but I tear up several a day) and I try to be respectful of everyone.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True but listening to him speak on all kinds of topics, he seems like a straight up "here's what we know right now" kind of guy

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yep. I think there’s also a “they ain’t gon tell me what to do” crowd

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I never understood the ambiguity at the beginning. Wear a mask, don't wear mask, wear a mask after all.

Since you get sick by touching your eyes, nose, or mouth; the mask covers 2 of 3 and always seemed like a good idea to me.

cpninja and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I believe the idea was it would give people a false sense of protection that it didn't convey. But still, better than not wearing one and being equally brave.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think the last six weeks or month or so between the US vs EU is probably pretty accurate. And by accurate I mean comparable not actually accurate. We know cases are being undercounted both here and there. So the first part of that graph is meaningless. We don’t really know how many people had it in March and probably not in April.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Yeah I wouldn't disagree that we've been more lax, the presentation just bugs me. I wish I could find the tweet, but someone did a similar comparison with deaths per day adjusted for population. It almost mirrored the EU.

My main annoyance is people sharing these graphs to claim some superiority that we have no proof exists.

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Mask doesn't protect you, if protects everyone else. A respiratory will protect you, but the cloth thing you buy on Etsy doesn't.

So there isn't ambiguity so much as don't get over confident with a mask.

18. Ssmiff

Some feel its a control situation. Same for closing bars, who should just claim they are a protest with beverages. Put up a Go Biden or [uck fay] trump sign and they can do whatever they please

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Took the right forever to let alcohol sell on a Sunday, but now they can't stand a bar be closed.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Guess where we are if no one was following the distancing and mask guidelines?