COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

In these trying times, TVA needs to install some turbines under your face and lower these electric bills.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wearing a mask, even voluntarily, is not equal to forcing a bar to close.

It's more akin to the requirement to wear pants. Most places won't allow you to walk around in the buff.

But I am not even talking about the legal requirement, simply as a gesture to your neighbor. Kind of like you not burning tires next to their bedroom window.

A-Smith likes this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Protesting is a 1st amendment right. It's protected by the Constitution.

Protesting at a bar isn't protected, because of the "at the bar part."

And I know that you know this, and are trying to make a point, but it kinda loses its pointy-ness when comparing Constitutionally protected rights and not protected rights.

4. fl0at_

More places should allow you to walk around in the buff.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, I know, but the majority don't

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My middle child's dream

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

“Help protect your fellow man” and “look after each other” is political?

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You much be new to 2020.

warhammer and A-Smith like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I didnt realize some of you guys have been masked up since march. Good on you.

10. fl0at_

My first mask was a scarf I had from desert sand storms. I wore it in March to a trip to the grocery store.

I've since upgraded, but have worn a mask out in public ever since.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Been wearing a mask any time I left the home since whenever the surgeon general recommended we do so.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Keep three in my car and whenever I go inside a public place i wear it. I have on occasion forgotten, but I am human.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well I’ll tell you this - no one in Crossville, TN is wearing them unless their place of employment tells them to.

Just came out of Kroger, which was fairly busy. Finally saw someone coming in with one on as I was leaving.

But they’ve been running a low cadence of just 3-4 new cases a day and about the same recovered. So makes sense they wouldn’t be that alerted.

I’m standing out in my mask but they’d appreciate it if they knew I just came from Houston.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What’s the odds that an effective vaccine is developed anytime soon?

seems like the Sweden approach might be the best long term if a vaccine isn’t a real option in the next few months.

seems like most of Europe and the north east was exposed earlier and have built herd immunity while the rest of the country hasn’t.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The herd immunity levels are interesting to me. Seems like most people are still talking about 60-70% exposure required, but the curves some places sure look like we might be there (at more like 25-30%)

Volst53 likes this.
  16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Nobody around here wears them either.
    We have about 190 cases county wide. About half of those are recovered.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

Beechervol likes this.
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That was a rhetorical question. It’s actually that some to most Americans are selfish assholes and/or [uck fay]ing morons.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Everyone in Crossville is hoping to catch it and it put them out of their misery.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We had gotten lax but we are stepping it up again. If we are in a inside place we are wearing them. I don't at work, unless meeting with a client and they want me to.