COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's been mild. In all honesty, more annoying than anything. I've felt much worse before, bit the yo yo up and down is what's getting me.

2. CardinalVol

I'm under lock and key per cdc rules until Wednesday.

3. CardinalVol

Of 27 people in my office, 8 have it and 8 more are out due to contact tracing.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i'm trying to find people i know who don't have it or haven't had it. Srsly.

utvol0427 likes this.
  5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Don't have it, haven't had it.

I will get back to you in April.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ditto.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

haven't had it yet, but expecting it soon

8. CardinalVol

If you attempt to live any type of normal life, no matter how many precautions you take, it's a matter of time before you will get it. TBH, we are kinda of surprised we didn't get it before now.

9. TennTradition

With prevalence rates where they are it’s hard to imagine avoiding it. Our vector will almost certainly be kids at school - but surprisingly they are still doing well.

The other thing that could get me is my church media volunteering. I’m within a few feet of a couple of guys on Sunday mornings (about 5 hours) and unmask to drink my coffee. But it’s always the same guys so that helps.

I don’t have any social contact so I’m fine there. Mask in grocery store once a week or so. Haircut once every 12 weeks or so.

We are thinking about having a couple over next weekend for cards - so that’ll be social contact that could get us.

10. Ssmiff

And TT, this is why when i ask about masks, etc, im not trying to argue with you or science. Its coming and always has felt inevitable, imo, regardless of hand washing and consistent mask wearing. Imo, only way not to get it is by vaccine or complete isolation.
    Hypothetically, if we didnt mask up and shut down earlier in the year, would we be on the downturn.

11. TennTradition

Considering folks are still trying not to get it and we are seeing what we are right now, I don’t want to know what that would have looked like.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A very, very high everything.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My only vector is kid in school.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We would be driving a rental.

I think the biggest concern is the number of people we planned to see over the course of the trip.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I’d be careful about that.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

my only vector is my wife going in to the office

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

actually, my dog too. she gets into things on walks, tries to get petted, etc.

18. Ssmiff

Mom is back in memphis 4 days now and no symptoms so far thank goodness. Kids were in and out while she was here but didnt hug or anything closer than eat Tgiving dinner

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sounds like you are going to have to shoot one to cut your risk in half. I think the choice is obvious.

20. TennTradition

Dave Blake has a simple analysis that has held up well. It suggests we will be right at 3,000 deaths/day (5 day moving average) right about Christmas.

2C56E417-1375-4C43-BF78-4A6D91844018.png