COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Right. And at 200 a day, you're saying no kids will die from it. I don't see that. A kid will die from it, even at 200 a day.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

People not being in offices saves money for companies. In my personal experience there are people who can handle working from home and those who can’t. I still think we are going to see a permanent change. I’m not saying everyone will be remote, just a crapload more than before 2020 and the stigma won’t be there anymore.

justingroves likes this.
  3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You know how many kids have died from Covid total in la county? Pretty sure the number is 1 and that kid already had a heart condition which made his life expectancy low. So yeah I’m pretty comfortable with zero at that level of cases.

4. fl0at_

Are you going to rationalize any additional deaths as because of something else, as well? So if you have another, between now and vaccine, and it turns out the kid had some other medical problem, are you going to put it on that medical problem, and not the real problem, which was a highly preventable, not highly contagious, respiratory infection?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no I’m saying in one of the worst hit counties in the country with Covid la county had one death. Now that we are FAR lower than before it’s safe to assume we will be at zero going forward. Pure statistics. If he was fully healthy I’d still say zero, but given the circumstances I feel pretty confident.

6. fl0at_

I don't believe it is safe to assume that at all, for different statistics. Mainly the time component. But there are some other areas as well, mainly that we know what LA county looks like today, with your restrictions in place. But we don't really know what LA county looks like wide open. It could die off. But that doesn't seem likely. I think it lingers in pockets. Which seems more likely. If it lingers in pockets, it will find someone that can't take it, that has been, so far, protected. I see it as inevitable. You don't, that's fine.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don’t think so because the poor pockets have already gotten slammed and got Covid in record numbers and the rich people are getting the vaccine. I don’t think the restrictions did much here because the poor either didn’t care or couldn’t socially distance and the rich were being careful anyway.

8. fl0at_

Maybe, but even if so, I don't know that it is like that much throughout the country.

Today, Cali put on half the cases of Michigan, Florida and New York. All which probably thought they were done a long time ago as well.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if we were going to see a spike it would have already happened. We are ahead of everyone else because of the huge Covid rate, but I’d argue it’s just that. Ahead, not behind. Look at Israel who is ahead of us for vaccine numbers. Europe is doing poorly because they arent vaccinating

10. fl0at_

You've seen a spike, and it was shifted compared to others, and now others are seeing another spike. You won't see as large a spike, but there is a possibility you see another spike. But a spike itself is relative. We recently just had a spike, nation wide. And it was nothing, compared to the winter spike.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Doesnt that just seem consistent with what we’ve been told that a mask does a lot less to keep you from getting infected than it does to keep you from infecting others?

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’ll be interested to see the vaccine study results in kids. COVID effects in children are considerably less concerning than flu risk - at least, that’s what I concluded when I last looked at the fatality data. I recognize other bad things happen but they are also low probability events. If the vaccine has even very low probability negative side effects in children, it’s going to become a real question with regard to authorization.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we haven’t seen a spike. Numbers have been down consistently for months. Almost every week it the moving average has dropped

14. fl0at_

Your spike occurred in mid to late January. That was shifted compared to places like Michigan that saw their winter spike in November.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's how that kind of thinking works. Nothing is real or important or a problem until it affects them personally. Otherwise, it's all hoaxes and bootstraps talk.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jeez, he's 72, he better take care of himself or it will take care of him.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If it had been COVID-13 you have to think he would have been a little more serious about it

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Probably worried more about cat scratch fever.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I see you’ve never listened to the lyrics of Jailbait

The Nuge is an all time piece of shit