COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Bat scratch fever.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It’s been over an hour... why does this post not have 150 likes??

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Might be turning the corner. Keep putting on more steam with vaccines.

[​IMG]

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Vaccines are starting to fall off, but I'm hoping it doesn't matter, and 50% adults doubly vaccinated + cases is enough to hit herd immunity.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know many people that aren't vaccinated, at least

7. fl0at_

At work, I'd say only 10% are vaccinated.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is their reasoning? Do you think they could be convinced? I run into people who think there is like aborted fetus tissue in the vaccine. It is tough to undo the damage of decades of bullshit chain mail and rumors.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Get mine Monday and not really excited

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would say 80% of the people I know are vaccinated. But I run in a very much older crowd many times.

11. fl0at_

There are a lot of factors. Time is probably one, in that a lot of our non-management workers are hourly, work more than one job, and might not think they have time.

Our operations group has said our employees can go get it during work hours. But I don't know that executives approved that as paid time.

There are some who don't trust the newness of this vaccine, including one I work pretty closely with, who is also a first responder, and passed on the option to get it early. And he's got at least one impressionable young guy under him who probably won't get it.

And nor will his wife, who works in HR...

It's a lot of pockets of resistance, for no reason.

SetVol13 likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

It wasn't that bad for me. I am sure you will be ok.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Thanks Kesling. Geez

fl0at_ likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can get it during work hours, but it is too much of a hassle (for me) to time code for it, request it, and then I feel bad because I am going well out of my way travel-wise to get it, on work time... So I just took a personal day. Not like I've used much vacation in the last year. Some people are more stingy with their own time, though (which is good, I should be).

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really worry for folks who are refusing. Virginia is opening up significantly on May 15th, and probably about all the way by the end of June. Adults that go out and about like normal that aren't vaccinate seem extremely likely to get it between June and September, because there is just no way 50% vaccinated and maybe 10 % previous case but not vaccinated is going to do it, when people are gathering in groups of 100, bars are open, etc. Hope I'm wrong, but we may see a post-vaccine surge. Hope no new variants spin out of it.

16. NorrisAlan

See, this is all bullshit. Time coding, marking, analyzing. We are so obsessed with tracking what the workers are doing all the time. Especially for something as important as this.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

And it is readily apparent people will NOT be willing to keep wearing masks much longer. Folks who are vaccinated are increasingly refusing.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

At my work, it is absolutely necessary for us to track our time. I hate it, but it is indeed necessary. There are too many discrete projects that need to be tracked and billed separately, and we are in dire need of staffing up which requires work data to do it correctly... That being said, this is why I really shouldn't take personal days for COVID-related stuff because we kind of should know that too for planning purposes.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

In an ideal situation, the optimum solution for my workplace is having a couple of nurses come by and vaccinate anyone who wants it on a particular day. We've done that for flu. But obviously, people aren't in the office like that anymore and also most of the vaccines' storage requirements makes that impractical.

20. fl0at_

Our work is a study in haves and have nots. I can leave, for whatever reason, whenever I want. But other folks have to have their every second accounted for, in some way.

Now, I have a keys to the building, all the codes to get into whatever area I want to be in, and am also pretty high up on the IT security side, despite that not being my area, so I'm not like an everyday employee. But still. I show up at 9:15 drinking coffee, and watch folks getting checked out because they came in at 8:02 too many times...