COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it's a lot different. Right or wrong, she is at least saying something other than "microchip by China" or "Fauci sucks" or "Bill Gates is the devil".

You don't know long term effects on young people. Humans in general tend to be pretty shortsighted too. Just an example, let's spray DDT on these vegetables...oh, wait it causes cancer and is killing everything it touches. Sometimes the fix is as bad as the problem.

Do I think the vaccines carry long term health issues? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Do I look down on people that ask that question and decide to not get vaccinated? No.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have seen the pediatrician, 2 walkin clinic docs, my NP and my wife's oncology doctors and each one was similar in thought to Lanetrains, except they didn't mention the vaccine causing the delta.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The pulm crit folks (the ones that actually specialized in critical care of the lungs) are vaccinated.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep, masks are coming back. Sucks. But I already went back to them because I suspected this was coming.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think that’s the right move to help those on the fence over the vaccine.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it is related to them directly, in terms of convincing but rather the transmissions occurring.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

[uck fay] those people.

JudgmentVol, droski and fl0at_ like this.
  8. fl0at_

Nothing more can be done for those people.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s a pretty diverse group of people that crosses ethnic and party lines, so I don’t know if I’d paint with such a broad brush.

10. fl0at_

A buddy had a birthday party for their kid, who turned one, this weekend. And this was the first time pretty much anyone had seen the baby, now toddler, other than one set of grandparents. And me on the driveway one day. But they have the party at their house, indoor and outdoor, masks required, all adults vaccinated. Only a few kids. I made fun of him a bit because of the masks, because we're all vaccinated.

Me and the wife and kid go and we stay masked up, except to eat outside, and everyone else does too. Mostly alright mask discipline. I get a text that night, one of the people at the party had a coworker in close contact test positive, the party goer would test the next day. Then that guy tests positive. And so the buddy and his wife and kid got tested today, and blah blah blah.

I'm jumping on a flight tomorrow to Montana, so I'm going to keep this super spreader event going.

11. fl0at_

Nothing more can be done for those people. Stupidity can cross every ethnic and party line all it wants. Nothing more can be done for anyone who hasn't gotten vaccinated yet, that can be.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I wish the health care professionals who are killing themselves with overwork could say, "Go home, take 2 aspirin and go to bed. You had your chance."

13. fl0at_

Jackson TN got rid of their pulm crit folk a few months before COVID hit. Really poor timing. Once they started getting hit, they had to contract out and they're paying like $700k to per MD contracted, or something nuts.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They're all dumb and deny modern medicine. If it was up to them in the 50s we'd still be approaching natural herd immunity to polio any day now.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't find any explanation for how this mRNA vaccine could cause a new strain. I have seen the memes, but no "how."

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think it will create a crazy new strain but some think that the virus may evolve to get around the spike protein protection of the mRNA vaccine since it will keep encountering it.

good news is that it appears that the virus is becoming less deadly. The delta is quite a bit weaker on the aspect than the alpha strain that first hit

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

How would that be different than the virus encountering people who have already had COVID and have antibodies for the spike protein?

18. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

This is just such dumb logic. That possibility of evolving so as to "get around" the spike protein is more likely to occur when there are more cases. If everyone gets the vaccine, there are fewer cases, and a much lesser probability that the "get around spike protein" evolution occurs.

It's a classic, fundamental misunderstanding of evolution. Evolution isn't an intelligent design or process-- it's a description of a process. It's not being directed by someone or something to achieve a goal. If the vaccines never existed, the Delta variant would have still come about naturally.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

good shit earl.

But we live on a big ass planet with billions of people which most don’t have access to the vaccine.

this virus isn’t going away and will be with us from here on till it just works it way naturally to static noise

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Natural immunity is broader in its response as it had the full virus instead of a portion of the virus’s DNA.

The vaccine is really good at what it was designed for though on targeting the spike aspect