COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't drink beer, can I still get this thing?

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

NYY has me use essential oils as lubricant so I'm assuming I'm okay.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I had a sinus procedure done last week, my nose has been clogged and dripping profusely for about 5 days, everyone is scared to death to be around me. It's been my paradise

4. NorrisAlan

KMF : "Boss, I could use a little OT here."

Boss: "uhhhh...actually, KMF, why don't you just take the whole week off. In fact, take the rest of the month off."

KMF : "If I must...."

kmf600 likes this.
  5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They actually asked me to volunteer to work 6 twelve hour days for 3 weeks, maybe more, to work on transmission lines. 80-100 feet up, most people get a little nervous that high. I respectfully declined, wouldn't feel comfortable working all that OT after the email they put out asking for us to reduce OT hours worked.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tokyo marathon runners down from 38,000 to 200

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

the Thai people have mixed emotions about this. on one hand, they find the chinese to be rude and stubborn. they're glad they are quarantined. on the other, that's a lot of money because they vacation here in droves.

Us Americans, Europeans, and latinx seem to be preferred in general because we follow rules.

Tenacious D likes this.
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My wife has fallen hard for Erkältungstee here. Some folks around here swear by it for colds and such. It's basically flowers and spices and doesn't taste like much, but you could drink some if you find it. At least you as you drift off to the sweet by and by, you could do what I do after my wife asks me to drink it, ponder what on earth was in that crap anyway?

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Update - turns out the girl was in an accident and isn't sick. The nurse that called us could have at least told us she was in an accident instead of leading us to believe she was really sick.

So, I'm going to live.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

MAGA

justingroves and Tenacious D like this.
  11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ah well. Can’t get everything you want.

warhammer and Tenacious D like this.
  12. CardinalVol

13. NorrisAlan

14. CardinalVol

Apparently this thing has me in the bulls-eye.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

*gru

maxresdefault.jpg

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If I'm reading the charts passing across my desk correctly, there has been a large spike in confirmed cases in Italy in the last few days. Enough so that Italy canceled carnival in Venice before it ended.

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yes. Appear to be issues in Austria as well, though not as large. Those 2 countries have been a big focus in terms of expat and travel analysis this work week.

18. NorrisAlan

Is this seriously the Big One?

19. CardinalVol

Just had a fun conversation with a client that is closely connected to the CDC. This is an experiment gone horrible wrong by the Chineese.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think so. All cases in Vietnam, for example, are now healthy and the numbers just aren't large enough, nor deadly enough.