COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I listened to the section twice. How many times have you listened to it?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

May have been “young adults.” I don’t remember the exact data/argument. I just know one was looking at a subset of people, while you and Gupta both responded citing a study/numbers that was not focused on a subset of people.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

As many times as Gupta was pretending.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's flattering to know I independently cited the same information as a trained physician.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dude’s a [uck fay]ing neurosurgeon. I understood Rogan’s question/point the first time he asked it. He had to repeat it 5+ times for Gupta because he wouldn’t answer it.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I guess, but the comparison was wrong in both cases. Gupta eventually acknowledged that. You did too, if I remember correctly, so I’m not sure why you’re flattered to be wrong.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bad faith machine.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not getting a booster and not getting vaccinated are two entirely different things.

So unless "taking his word and applying to children" was specific to a booster, then the words were not taken and applied.

Vaccination is to prevent spread. Booster is to protect self.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Glad your brother is vaccinated and didn't get myocarditis. If that is somehow an "L" for me I will cheerfully bear it.

10. fl0at_

Vaccination is to reduce spread, not protect individuals.

That individuals get protection from vaccination is secondary to the goal of vaccination, which is the elimination of infection.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

A booster nets a lot less immunity and a whole lot less hospitalization protection than the vaccine itself, as well. Diminishing return. If your doctor says get it, get it. If he/she says you don't need to, do what you think is best. Not hard, not controversial. So far, I have no reason to get one. I will keep following guidance as it comes.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Being a parent is to take care of my kids first and foremost. You do what you feel is correct, and so will I.

13. fl0at_

I didn't hear from you "I think this vaccine will harm my kids."

I heard "My kids will be fine."

I agree that if you have a fear that the vaccine will harm your kids, don't do it.

But if you don't think that, then you aren't protecting your kids. Your just not protecting anyone. That's selfish.

And yes, if you want to be selfish, you can. Because people suck. And us most of all.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can you expand on that? In what way am I being a bad faith machine?

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If I feel my kids will be fine without taking something, then no, they will not be taking it. As of now we believe they are more likely to have issues because of a vaccine than they would without taking it. If that changes and we feel the need to take it, we will. They are both going in for flu shots in the near future and we'll be talking to the medical professionals about it when we do.

If that makes me a selfish [Penis], then I gladly and happily accept the mantle.

lylsmorr likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm wrong, but your brother is vaccinated and fine. Gupta is wrong, but actually the point you described is not valid because a booster and a vaccine are not comparable in net effect in terms of immunity or worst outcomes.

You don't provide information, you only "ackchyually" answers to the many questions you ask which often could easily be answered with an easy search online. But then... you think Gupta is "pretending" so I guess you wouldn't believe anything that doesn't conform to your preconceived position.

Again, glad your brother is [uck fay]ing fine. Wow, who would have thought. After all those studies you suggested indicated he wouldn't be. But I was wrong about... what exactly?

17. fl0at_

I've never met a Christian who wasn't willing to be gladly selfish. I think it's just baked into the religion.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Get a load of you.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But the concern and risk is the same for both.

Gupta "isn't worried" enough to get the booster because the numbers show he will almost certainly be fine.

Rogan applied that logic to vaccinating kids, stating that parents "aren't worried" enough to vaccinate their kids because the numbers show that the kids will almost certainly be fine.

Gupta refused to acknowledge the point for an extended period of time.

And yes, I understand that the other big point for vaccination is to prevent spread. But that's not what they were talking about. Rogan wanted Gupta to understand that parents' thoughts about the vaccine are similar to Gupta's thoughts about his booster.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

some parents live in fear for their kids and/or will keep their kids in a bubble and/or do what the govt tells them to do. Others don't. Nobody wants to see kids sick, but I must ask, does anyone here know of any child who has been severely sick from Covid? And don't give me a covid kid death count because flu and other viruses kill kids every year, and more of them last time i checked.
    The fear the CDC and govt put into families regarding kids is crazy, but got many hook line and sinker.