COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Probably not much, at least on the front end because it has different doo-hickies it uses on cells now.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I thought I was going to die or at least be permanently weakened a couple of times, but I'm sure it'll be easy on you.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’m far past the worst of it. I’ve got some sinus pressure that comes and goes and also a raspy cough, but both are manageable. This sore throat though I think is the worst thing I’ve experienced in my life.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I had Covid in July. It was the first time I know for sure I had it. My only real symptoms were being incredibly fatigued and my chest feeling unusually congested for about a week. Towards the end of my bout I prematurely assumed I was over the hill and idiotically attempted a 5k run (I am in pretty decent shape and usually run a 5k four or five days a week). About 1 mile in I experienced a sudden shortness of breath that forced me to stop in my tracks. It took me several hours to fully regain my breath and was very scary to me in the moment.

Being just in my late 20s who was an ex-athlete that works out fairly regularly and as someone who has been 5'11'' 160-175lbs since I was 15 years old with no history of asthma or anything, it was a sensation I had never experienced before. The next day I visited my doctor and had some blood work done. My tests indicated my red blood cell counts had dropped below what is considered normal. When I followed up a month later for another blood test everything had returned to normal. However my doctor couldn't tell me with 100% certainty that Covid is what explained my sudden and temporary red blood cell counts drop. Regardless, it wasn't anywhere close to the sickest I've ever been overall, but definitely was an experience I have no desire to relive.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's good you're on the other side of the worst. It really did hit me hard physically and mentally. I was a wreck for a couple of weeks.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm pretty certain I had Covid in early May and then went on a trip to Peru in June where I was in Cusco (elevation 11,000 feet) and remember having weird shortness of breath issues simply from walking, sort of like having to take a deep breath every so often. Going up stairs was a challenge. The elevation was a factor, but I had been to Cusco before then and not had these issues. The lingering effects of Covid are concerning, for sure.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Can't say there’s ever been much of anything lingering with me. Had it end of July/early August

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I got it bad over a year ago and haven't had any long term effects that I have noticed. Hopefully won't get anything either. I do know a guy that got it and months after he got over it pretty much everything he ate taste like rotten flesh. I have know idea how he knows what rotten flesh taste like but it sounds awful.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Did the swallowing start hurting before or after the covid? Just like I told NYY, the two symptoms could be totally unrelated.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I had a pretty bad sore throat for 24 hours or so but I didn’t have too much trouble swallowing

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is China going to cause another lockdown?

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we won’t do that again here. Disaster. Plus we have the vaccines and like Biden said, “if you get the vaccine, you won’t get covid.” Lol

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

China is just now getting what the rest of the world dealt with for 2 years.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

When did we lock down?

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They don't take the vaccine?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Their vaccine is worse than any of the commercial ones and they had poor vaccination rates of it among the elderly (opposite of here, where we had good rates among the elderly). They're going to lose a lot of people.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is going to cost them big time. One of their biggest strengths is their labor pool and that is going to take a big hit. More stuff might be getting made in the USA very soon.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

How reliable is the data coming from the CCP on Covid? Like can we even trust China to accurately report on metrics like cases and fatalities? I just have a hard time believing anything that the Chinese government says.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would guess about 0% reliable.

warhammer and justingroves like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

They stopped reporting their metrics last week, so we can trust it is going badly. Much of the negativity is not based on CCP reports, but rather the lack of them coupled with field observations. Shit's [uck fay]ed. They could not keep doing lockdowns, and they are stacked nut to butt over there.