COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cloth masks do help. That's science.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's irresponsible on his part

Do as I say, not as I do

zehr27 likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is he doing against the rules? He's outside, not in a crowd, wearing a mask when not drinking. This is the exact guidelines for planes, and he is even doing it indoors. It is a photo, not a video.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The rules, when that was taken, was stay at home, socially distance when you must go outside and wear your masks!

zehr27 likes this.
  5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This situation with my sister’s health has been psychologically interesting to me personally. If she had the vaccine I’d probably be torn on going all-in that it was the cause given when it onset and how odd it is. And I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only one. Makes me pause before immediately accepting claims that the only cause of XYZ ailment that makes sense is the vaccine.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, planes were never shut down so there was always an eating/drinking thing, and you never had to wear masks outside. Yes, you distance and his group is distanced. People are misremembering because of the rhetoric.

7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I hear you there. My own scary reaction and the anecdotal stories I’ve heard were all within 24 hours of getting the shot, I wouldn’t bring them up otherwise. Still technically can’t know for sure but hard to imagine it was anything else.

My reaction was consistent with the onset of Guillain-Barré syndrome. I was doing the Web MD thing and that popped up and I’m like surely not. Called my doctor who’s a family friend and rattled off the symptoms and he’s like well sounds like GBS but just monitor and call me if it gets any worse. Scared the shit out of me.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Pretty sure I’ve survived 3 or 4 terminal illnesses according to WebMD

Poppa T likes this.
  9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I knew before I searched it would probably tell me I was dying but when my doctor said the same thing I got real nervous.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think a lot of stuff is blamed on the vaccine without any causal evidence. They see it as "what changed" without considering covid itself, in particular

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are going to need to be careful for any vaccine or acute infection going forward, that is your immune response.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think I’ve been legally dead at least once.

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That is why I only check there for other people's illnesses.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Or other stuff.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Pandemic: officially over. Hallelujah

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Damn. I made it through the whole pandemic without getting Covid. Then I got it a month later.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

it’s not moronic.

it’s observational data from the second leading health clinic in the country and does show an increase in infections with number Covid shots.

The author of the clinical paper also is holding that the adjusted data would hold up to their findings or he would have posted the unadjusted data.

does this mean that the Covid shot increases chance of infection? Not necessarily but it’s also interesting data that should be fleshed out.

could be after the shot for a short window, people are more susceptible or could be nothing.

zehr27 and warhammer like this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I imagine it's just confounding data. If you get the shot, you're more likely to test or seek treatment, etc.

emainvol and utvol0427 like this.