Crazy Uncle Joe Biden

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Aug 15, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That's not surprising. A good portion of the Tea Partiers think the wrong side won both the Civil War and World War II.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Or ayn rand.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Since you're essentially describing him as stupid, crazy, and racist, what exactly are you basing that on?

4. hatvol96

Only because Bill Kristol or someone like that told him it would make him look like an intellectual.

5. CardinalVol

Actually, he's got a borderline disturbing fascination with atlas shrugged.

Going to have to try harder here.

6. hatvol96

Stupid- Anyone who believes school vouchers are anything but a tax credit for the rich and the overly religious is either stupid or feigning such belief for personal political gain. I choose to take the less disturbing explanation in Ryan's case, though I grant I may be giving him too much credit.
    Crazy- Anyone who openly panders to the Flat Earthers and the Tea
    Party loons and thinks that is the route to building a lasting electoral majority is out of their ****ing mind.
    Racist- See his association with the groups mentioned in the section explaining "Crazy.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  7. CardinalVol

Because all tea partiers are this according to liberals

8. hatvol96

I'm sure it's a true intellectual exercise and not simply something out of The Stepford Conservative Candidate's Handbook.

9. hatvol96

Yeah, it's just liberals who think they are loons.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I might be missing from the board for awhile after the first school voucher is handed out in Tennessee.

However long it takes before you can type after Tommy-John surgery - because I'm going to need it from all of the confetti I plan to throw, and near-lethal levels of high-fiving I will immediately commence.

The slow unraveling of decades of indoctrination will begin.....like a Christmas sweater knitted with pubes.

11. Tenacious D

You may be right. I know very little about him, but from what I've seen of late, I wonder if the GOP ticket wouldn't be stronger with Ryan's name on top.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, you might as well end mandatory vaccination in the state, close down most of the buildings on the Hill at UT, and start handing out fiefdoms to the state congress members. Because it will lead to Dark Ages type of shit.

Am I saying Tennesseans don't know what is good for them? Yes. When it comes to education, they don't. Because they don't recognize established facts if they in any way interfere with their religious faith.

13. Tenacious D

Details, schmetails...

Hat's went rogue shill, and won't be back until December.

14. hatvol96

Unless all of your friends are ultra wealthy or are cool with sending their kids to nutjob run parochial schools, better get the high fives in quick. Once everyone else realizes the vouchers are the equivalent of the government giving everyone fifty bucks to go attempt to buy a BMW, the anger of being bait and switched will be palpable.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone please get me started on Ayn Rand. She is one of the worst atheists in American history. Such a hypocrite and literally a psychopath.

16. CardinalVol

I can make the exact same argument regarding liberals and their philosophies getting in the way of facts. Lets not act like thus is a one way street.

17. Tenacious D

1. Broad brush.
    2. But they have the right to choose the type of schooling and its curriculum, as they so choose, do they not?
    3. If public education had proven 1/1000th as effective as vaccinations, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    4. I can't speak for every private school, and evey citizen, but for me, my kids wouldn't go anywhere that didn't teach evolution. If that helps, at all. Tennesseans, from the land of the Scopes Trial and all, may surprise you.

I'm not even getting into the whole "we-know-better-than-they" silliness. "They" may know better than "us", but it's "our" choice and not "theirs".

Think of it as abortion, but with Trapper Keepers.

But you know that, well enough.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

All I know is the dude comes from Janesville, which is well known amongst Wisconsin folks. Let's just say there's a reason why the KKK targets Janesville for its rallies. Obviously, I'm not saying Ryan is a Klan member or sympathizer, but it sort of reveals the mindset of a lot in the town. It's always interesting when those schools play the largely black Beloit Memorial teams.

19. Tenacious D

I'm going to bet that they find some way to account for the ol' redirect-vouchers-to-purchase-sweet-German-automobiles, one of the oldest cons in the book. Slippery slope.

I'm pretty sure that all ultra-wealthy kids are already in private school.

Do I have to send my kids to one of these "nut-job parochial schools". Please, tell me more about those limited choices I'll have.

20. Tenacious D

If not to insinuate that he's racist, why?