Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by reVOLt, Dec 15, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Your cryptocoins are stored only on a little USB drive, not online. Thus, if you unhook the USB drive from your computer there is 0% chance it gets hacked.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don't know anything about this stuff and have anxiety attacks when you guys use big words. Have 1 friend that supposedly has a lot of $ from a 5k bitcoin investment. I have no idea of the details. Another friend called this morn and said he is in Davor coin. He put 10k in and said he gets 1.4% interest daily, paid to his account. It all just seems mlm to me, though it may not be at all.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Depending on when he got in, $5k might make him a very, very wealthy man.

4. Ssmiff

Early and the $ my friends are saying he has are staggering.

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

If you know what year he got in, can tell you +/- 25% what he has now assuming he held it all.

6. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

So, I watched it go down. Coin was PPT. If you had pulled the trigger immediately, you could have got in at $44 and out at $89 (102.3%). Realistically, you would have got in around $60 and out at $75 (25%). The window was about 15 seconds, so you'd have to have multiple people working it IMO. No way you could get the signal, select the coin, do a buy and then immediately do a sell in that timeframe. The only way to do it would to be to setup a bot to execute, OR, setup your own P/D group and but the coin the night before.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also seems like something malfunctioned and it didn’t go as planned. I would hope you’d normally have a bit more time to get in than that.

8. Ssmiff

He supposedly cashed out 900k and plays around like some of you.

9. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I got the alert on Telegram but not on Discord.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think probably a lot of people don't have Telegram and therefore the surge wasn't what it was supposed to be. Hopefully they figure out how to get everyone on Telegram then get a better result next time, which, I would hope leads to a longer period of growth and more time to get in and out. I'll definitely try to observe next week and see if gains seem more feasible.

11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I think the hodl is the goal... Hope they work it out.

Any thoughts on PAC coin?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Never heard of it. Sorry.

13. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I ran across it on another forum, after doing some research, the market cap/circulation is a bit out of whack.

That P&D group is doing another one today.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Soooo. Buy PAC?

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sounds a lot like old school stock manipulation, and leaves a lot of people holding a very empty bag.

I don't like it one bit. heheh...bit.

16. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Wasn't clear.

Supply is: 3,401,410,994,555 (3 TRILLION)
    Current Market Cap is: $132,655,028
    Current Price is: $0.000039

If that thing went to just $0.01, you'd be looking at a market cap of $34,014,109,945.55, which at today's prices would put it in the #6 spot. I don't think it would ever have the ability to do that.

Of course, as I'm typing this, I'm also reading up a bit, they're getting ready to do a fork and reduce the supply 1000x in March, which would take the total supply down to 3B+, sooooo, yeah, I'm buying.

17. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Some of it is, I won't argue that. But, some of it is valid technology. Take Ripple for example, they're wanting to replace the current (aging) ledger system of banks to settle international transfers. The coin is a mechanism of that.

Tron wants to provide the underpinning for a gaming microtransaction system that is independent of the platform. So, instead of buying via Apple/Android/Etc, you'd use the TRX network instead.

Yes, some of them are pure speculation and are ShitCoins, others are valid.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Quit being a pansy and put all of your money into it.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Is there a way to short this stuff?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

for at least bitcoin, i think there is now. And I still would just stay away. It's volatile as hell with no real drivers or controls.