D3 Team vs. High School Team

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 4, 2016.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I graduated high school, yes I played high school football, at 17 years old. That throws me off sometimes. But, my point, as a senior, playing football, I and a couple of guys on my team, we 17.

That point was geared more towards when we were debating high school vs. college.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

They still will not have close to 22.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well if you are going to say 22 for the pro team rather than 65 or whatever the roster limit is, then you would want to discuss how many future starters an elite college team has. 2008 UF had several on defense, I think 2-3 on the OL, Harvin, I think one other wide receiver, and Hernandez. I wouldn't really count Tebow.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

But what about the 22 after that?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cooper is the other wr

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Mine was, but I'd guess my 17 year old self could have beaten up my 21 year old self.

7. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

They might win 1 game out of 10 but Davis is surrounded by former college stars now and they are well below .500. No way UK or any college team stands a chance against professionals

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

That's a totally different discussion. No one is saying that LSU wouldn't have the advantage at RB over the Titans. You were trying to say that the "grown man argument"--also known as the argument that players gain strength, gain knowledge and improve technique in the NFL--is unfounded because of the performance of a few guys at the least technique-dependent position in football. Saying that someone like Jurrell Casey was this fully developed, Pro Bowl-caliber player at age 19 is absurd.

9. NashVol11

You're more than welcome to put together a list of guys who peaked as rookies and didn't improve during their NFL careers. Gurley still isn't the best back in the league, much less obviously so, but if you weren't falling in love with the flavor of the week you wouldn't be kidbourbon. He's near the top, but he'll get better.

10. NashVol11

And? You're saying the NFL team's talent level is dipping down into, what, the 98th percentile of college players?

We know who the players are. When there's a 225-pound college linebacker going up against Jeff Backus or Dominic Raiola, they're going to get dominated at the line of scrimmage.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Starters? Nope. And they're not fully developed.