[ddiapos]'s Career Hinges On The Next Game...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Their O is just funky enough it will cause us problems. It depends on how much we can score on them. That is gonna be the theme going forward.

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

If we do an honest analysis we have nothing, I mean nothing, to base any assumption on that would suggest this team will be a 8-4 with a win over Missy or USCe. I repeat, nothing. Zero wins over equal or better teams in the SEC since Dools arrived. Zero. Other than with turn overs, zero defense this season. Getting worse. Cannot man up with any team other than GA State and some with Akron.

Missy has a reasonably good QB and ball control offense that makes few mistakes. They can run the ball. Our secondary will turn Russell into a Heisman candidate. They have a physical D. I give us a 25% chance at best of getting hot and/or creating enough TO's to beat them at their house. We have zero chance against Bama and a 10% chance against USCe. At that point, any bets on winning the final four? My guess is a 33% chance at best and worse if Hart pulls the plug early. The team is, at best, 2 wins better than last season. It could be a 4-5 win season if things go south faster. If the team grows a set and Tyler stops being the Scarecrow they might manage 8-4. Don't hold your breath.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If this team (just the team, not the schedule) were two wins better than last year, they might go 9-3. I assume that any team that's two wins better than last year is better than Kentucky and South Carolina.

If we're one Kentucky disaster better than last year, we're talking somewhere between 6-6 and 8-4, with 7-5 the most likely outcome but 6-6 and 8-4 both reasonable possibilities.

4. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

But we have Dooley.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

+1

When MSU is a watershed victory, it's time to flush the system.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I honestly cannot take many more days with Dooley as my HC.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Testify

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

If that's the case then you believe we are watching the last games of the Dooley era?

9. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

If that's the case then you believe we are watching the last games of the Dooley era?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think Tennessee wins in Starkville, and keeps the losses respectable against Bama and USCe - and wins the rest.

8-4.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

And 8-4 will get Dooley fired?

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Maybe Gruden hired and Dooley totes the water?

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Taking Gruden out of the equation?

The 8-4 will give pause, but at the end of three seasons, the body of work becomes an important element.

He'll be 0-20+ games against FL, GA, Bama and USCe.

He will have beaten a single ranked opponent (MSU) in three seasons.

He will have been ranked for a single week...again, in three years.

He's losing most, if not all of his best talent and facing a much tougher schedule in '13.

I think it's more than an adequate list of problems required to make a move.

And if my prediction is wrong, and he wins 7 games or Gruden gets inked easier than some believe - nothing else matters.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I hope you're right. I just fear that 8-4 means he'll be back.