Death of the Republicans?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

to compare Jeb to either Biden or Hillary is a joke. I know what you're saying about the last name but still

2. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

say that Obama wasn't the Pres, and wasn't in the election, but a white guy who applied the same policies that Obama did the first term was running. Who do you think would have won the election?

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I didnt realize we couldnt freely talk on an anonymous web board

I apologize

4. OrangeEmpire

The electorate are fools......you know I am correct

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think so. It's hard for one party to get the White House for three straight terms. Even Bubba was seen as kryptonite in 2000. Plus, neither of those two are as politically adept as Obama, especially Biden. I can't imagined what he'll say when he's unleashed on his own. I really see 2016 as the Republican's golden opportunity. This year was fool's gold and I believe a lot of guys like Christie and Rubio knew it.

6. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

oh i agree, but you know the point i'm getting at

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

it didn't help that Christie was crying on Obamas shoulder a few days before the election

8. OrangeEmpire

U, couldnt quote you from mobile.

You put a Bush out there and they loose.

9. OrangeEmpire

Gary Johnson as president and Paul as the sec of treasury.

That would be the death of the federal govt

10. Unimane

I can't imagine they would be dumb enough to put Jeb out there, but Republican stupidity has been underestimated by me before. I still don't know what fool had the internal polling for Romney, for example. Still, I think that, overall, they will pull the right strings in 2016 and shore up some of their problems.

11. OrangeEmpire

What are your thoughts on Rubio?

I dont see him as successful.

Who gets the push?

You think McDonnel tries to become a player...........although the ads would immediately jump on slavery and Jeff Davis as president.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

One might have said that about the Republicans around 2005-ish, too.

13. OrangeEmpire

Every thing is cyclical. The problem is the entitlement disaster of Obama care and how to properly defund it.

14. Unimane

Rubio may be a player if he's not seen as the token guy they are trying to use to woo Hispanic voters. I still think Christie is their best bet, but, damn, that dude needs some discipline. McDonnell is way too uptight white dude with social conservative ideas that won't play well nationally and, yeah, the Confederate History month is trouble.

15. OrangeEmpire

I had hopes for Jindal but people still remember his awkward gop response.