POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He’s making a serious surge there. I agree I don’t see him being able to eclipse Bernie but it’s a big push that should be good for second.

gcbvol likes this.
  2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I feel like she’s fallen into this place where name an extreme liberal cause so I can say uh-huh.

justingroves and droski like this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

She's setting herself up to be the far left appeal for a moderate left main candidate.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I've been reconsidering my stance on not voting for Bernie because it's not fair to put the behavior of a segment of his followers on him. Seeing the digital vitriol spill out into the real world is making that exceedingly difficult. Either his campaign supports this vile behavior or they're afraid of them. It may not be fair, but the character/behavior of a candidate's supporters says a lot about the candidate. In Bernie's case it's not good a look at all and a big reason he has a titanium ceiling.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Then she's overselling herself. Who does she bring in or consolidate among voting blocs? Far lefties? I don't think enough of them would not be in without her on the ticket anyway, except for maybe Buttigieg, and he's not going to make her his VP. She's running out of time.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Her consolidating block is the youth vote under a Biden nomination.

Any other nom, and her marketability dwindles.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Warren brings nothing to the table.

She’s fake and doesn’t connect well besides to academia type.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I caught a whiff of that stink as well, but I caught a much bigger scent of a slick politician being outed for doing what pro politicians do.

Ssmiff likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Srsly. "He plays to his audience.." Have they been around politics before? Dumb commentary

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think it's going to get ugly though.

People close to Sanders camp helped push Pete to the top because they viewed Warren as a bigger threat. So we might get a Clinton pushing Trump thing because they thought they'd walk to the white house if they were running against Trump.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This Atlantic piece was picked up by MSN today among the headlines the headlines Edge pops up when you open the browser. It's obviously an opinion piece and was labelled as such. I'm trying to decide whether this is (actually how big) a hit piece on Pete or not. It's an interesting read either way. It's almost as if they are trying to make Pete tangentially responsible for the fall of working class wages and the shrinking of the middle class over multiple generations.

Edit: wrong link, stand by.

Corrected link below:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/how-mckinsey-destroyed-middle-class/605878/

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He must be one hell of a mayor, if he can drop wages for all of the middle class.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I believe you are correct here. I also believe this may wind up being a enorm miscalculation on their part. Probably not, but it's possible. Pete is currently the most dangerous guy running for the establishment candidates, including Trump, in my opinion.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

but what would be so horrible if he won?

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Nothing if he wins a fair election.

Right now no one feels like that’s the case.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m not saying Pete is cheating either just that the DNC is a pretty corrupt corporation that was exposed in 2016 and doesn’t seem like anything has changed

17. gcbvol

As someone who works in management consulting (and has for 20+ years) I (not surprisingly) take issue with the demonization of the field. With any industry there is good and bad, however we're not all sitting around laughing about how many jobs we eliminated or offshored. We do more to improve working conditions through technology integration and process streamlining then actual role elimination. And when roles are eliminated there is nearly always a role transition versus carrying a box out the door. MC didn't create the drive for profit.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you are referring to the dangerous comment. I simply meant to the establishment wing's candidates election chances.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The man wants to decriminalize all drugs. ALL OF THEM.

20. gcbvol

Incorrect. The moderator screwed up the facts.
    What Pete Buttigieg Really Said About Drug Possession

He's proposing elimination of incarceration for possession. Manufacture and sale cases would still be incarcerated. Marijuana is the only drug he proposes be decriminalized. Don't feel bad, there's a ton of bad info floating around out there.
    Key details of his policy proposal: