POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know what incomes are like in LA. What do you think of when you say "huge money?"

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

depends what the fake meat is being made out of no?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Absolutely. Depends on all kinds of things. It's pretty abstract at this point.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

to afford a house like that you have to be making north of $400k a year i'd think.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Time to move to Hollywood!

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i recently saw an article that said the MEDIAN income for a software engineer in san francisco was $250k a year. starting is like $150k. too bad i basically flunked out of computer science. but that explains why the bay area can have those insane prices (that and people paying with stock options). LA has some of that too, but not nearly as across the board. though there are some pockets of affordability in LA, but not really in the bay area. my buddy recently bought a house in oakland for $1.1 mil. my other friend tells me it's in the ghetto and i think he's exaggerating (there are some VERY nice areas of oakland). i show up and it's literally next to crack dens and there are homeless sleeping outside his door. crazy shit.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

DC itself is getting to be exactly the same way. 1 million dollar row houses next to crack dens and vacant lots. "Up and coming!"

droski likes this.
  8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this was a very nice big house (probably 4,000 square feet and renovated), but man it has to suck not to want to leave your house. he's talking about moving overseas and renting it. good luck with that. probably isn't a place in the country where the rents are more out of wack with the real estate prices. i bet his neighbors are renting for nothing.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Because it’s not nonexistent. It’s already on the market.

It requires a lot of energy to produce the product. While cows use foliage to turn sunlight into beef while building soil and carbon sequestration.

Just because the usda and regulations have pushed the feedlot doesn’t mean that it has to be the norm for beef production in America.

Grass grown beef is growing rapidly here actually turned the trend of America’s eating less beef.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't care about its environmental impact or lack thereof, was commenting from a taste to dollar perspective.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They’ve made quite a bit of progress on that front. A burger has went from costing 300,000 to just hundreds to create in the lab.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Weird thing, I'm not sure if it's a Latin thing, or a south Florida thing, but there is no desire for kids to move out of the parents house. And I've talked to my wife's nephews and nieces, most of them have no desire to learn how to drive.

droski likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

May be more common. My middle son doesnt want to drive. He said school and driving school showed wrecks all the time and repeated how many kids die around here. Scared him.
    He also plans on taking over the family business, even though there isnt one.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

that last sentence confuses me

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You have more patience than me

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In Nashville those houses are just $675,00

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Somehow he thought we have a family business that he will run. Its not really like that. All 3 of my kids will have to do their own things.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

When we first moved to Baltimore, the lady was very intent on getting a job in DC and having us move more central between the two. As we've visited DC more and more, her preference has shifted to really wanting to stay in Baltimore.

Do you enjoy living in the DC area?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

maybe he wants to just learn to do what you do. from what you have said, you have an entrepreneurial streak and have had many experiences. maybe he wants to do that.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do, but you aren't missing anything in Baltimore.

I'd rather live in Knoxville. or Grand Junction. or Tillamook. or Juneau. or Maine.