POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Exactly. White privilege incarnate.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The "n word" was how a sizable portion of my unit referred to each other. Even over comms. Even by our SNCOs.

And not a soft a at the end. The hard er.

Black guys got hazed out, unless they really, really wanted it.

My teammate in sniper school was brown. There was a black captain in Arabic language course, but he was line company.

But that was about it after I left line companies.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No posts about Chris Cuomo responding “Mine too” when Kamala Harris identified her pronouns as “she, her, hers” at the LGBTQ town hall?

Come on, guys. Low hanging fruit!

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I find the wealth taxing a little disturbing. Plus it all seems like a shit storm waiting to happen.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Is this correct? I'll confess to not having stayed up into the wee hours of the night to watch these and only having caught snippets here and there. I'd have thought it would have come up at some point.

https://reason.com/2019/10/15/the-d...0-questions-but-none-about-the-national-debt/

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Because we let them.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Only caught a little bit of it but from what I saw Warren is the clear front-runner right now. She stuck to her ideas and defended herself well. Tulsi is a major long shot but I think she is the type of candidate that gets some voters to cross party lines. Mayor Pete also looked sharp from what I saw.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I recall it coming up in the first debate, in the context of it exploding under Trump while many corporations pay nothing

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Corporations never pay anything.

Workers, customers, or investors pay it. It's just a hidden tax on every day people that gets sold as a tax on business.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Right. Both parties are the same.

Just matters at what speed we get to drive off the cliff.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

it isn't hidden, and it definitely goes towards the investors' end, and there is no reason why they shouldn't pay in to the system that allows their enterprise to thrive.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm an investor. I'm already taxed on my wages that i contribute to my IRA. My investing into my 401k is pretax, but will be taxed as income as I pull from it for retirement.

We don't have a revenue issue. We have a spending problem with people trying to live at the expense of others.

It is a hidden cost that the public thinks the company pays. That's not true at all.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And when they do they focus on the little crap like foreign aid, NPR, Endowment for the Arts, etc.

Until we get serious about tackling Medicare, Social Security and the Military budgets, nothing will get done. And NO ONE is touching the Holy Trinity while on the campaign trail.

Volst53 likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

you just described how profit is generated

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Providing a service or good to sell is trying to live at the expense of others?

I do believe as a society we have screwed up values and over consume. That's not businesses fault though

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes. what does providing something "at cost" mean? what is a profit "margin?"

Note, I am not saying this is wrong, but you unintentionally are implying it is.

we all live at the expense of others. none of us live in vacuum.