Dennis Dodd on Butch to Purdue

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Dec 2, 2016.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Travis Haney of ESPN reporting that Fleck doesn't plan to meet with Purdue.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I thought Oregon had interest. Oregon > Purdue x 100

3. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Fleck will end up at Oregon in my opinion.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

So...if Purdue swings and misses at few guys, do they change their mind about taking little trumpet boy

5. TDVol1989

There's a good chance. I agree with Doc that Oregon may end up taking Fleck. Based on Purdue boards, it appears there is speculation for an announcement on Monday or Tuesday. They think it could be Brohm. But, Brohm might do better. The next name that I have seen several times is Skip Holtz. I think Butch's resume is better. So, if it gets to Holtz and Butch wants it, who knows.

6. TDVol1989

OH and Troy Calhoun is getting mentioned too. But, we already know he likes to almost leave Air Force. Getting into Butch favorable territory or at least I can hope

7. But the other side is, they don't really want him and if they do he is again not even 3rd choice.

8. I like your theory.

9. TDVol1989

Kiffin rumored to be interviewing for Houston? Doesn't seem like a good fit. Briles might snag Houston. MacIntyre SAYS he isn't interviewing for Baylor. If Brohm to Purdue happens, maybe Baylor takes a look at Butch.

Of course, we need Droski to hang on to Sonny. Come on Droski. If you keep Sonny, Butch could be a candidate for Baylor. If you lose Sonny, you gotta take Butch.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  10. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I don't know who would want Baylor.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why would McIntyre leave Colorado for Baylor? Why would anyone leave anywhere for Baylor?

12. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Because your fanbase hates you and wants you to eat a bag of cocks?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Baylor's mascot lends itself more readily to catch phrases than ours.

Also, I could honestly see Butch trying to spin it as he has completed the rebuilding job at UT, as evidenced by 3 bowl games and top 10 recruiting classes, and blah, blah, blah, and now Baylor needs him.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I love that phrase.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Houston ain't hiring briles

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I agree.

17. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Baylor won't hire Butch after the lawsuit here.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And that's the secondary issue. He's an awful coach and everyone is well aware. The AD that hired him will get laughed out of the building.

Hell, ours was roundly laughed at and we didn't yet have as much evidence as we do now.

19. nomojo

nomojo Member

Houston had a press release specifically saying that Briles was not a candidate for their job. They don't want his name associated with them at all.

20. TDVol1989

That's interesting since there are many boosters that want Briles. The University is correct though. Briles shouldn't be hired.