Depression

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Jun 17, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It set in on me bad about 4 years ago. Bad. I had no reason at all to do so, but all I wanted to do was stay in bed and go away and be by myself. I didn't want to be around my wife, kid, or anyone. I was never suicidial, but I was not myself. I've taken lexapro since then, but I've also lost about 20 pounds and attempt to be more active. Every now and then I'll go through a two or three day bout with it, but it's nowhere what it was. At my next check-up, I'm going to try to go off Lexapro if the doc agrees and see if I can go without it.

Now, while I agree there are tons of triggers for what may or may not cause it, some of it is your chemical makeup.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're all animals in a zoo, in some ways. Of course we're depressed because we are shackled to responsibilities and pressures that we didn't necessarily choose.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think I'm with Justin on this one. I've been sad and down but nothing I'd ever consider depressed

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What are you doing in the tree stand for 8 hours at a time, if not just thinking about things?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sleeping, most of the time, if I'm being honest.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I can't recall ever having been depressed like what's here, but I believe this is very much a part of it. People become slave to things that aren't important and lose the things that are and life becomes nearly pointless. I watch it on a daily basis. Takes a lot of commitment to make the important things important and keep them there. 53 said it well above when he talked about the world worrying about what everyone else thinks. I'm trying my hardest not to give a crap about other people's expectations and reactions to me.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's by far my biggest problem in the real world. I care way too much what people immediately around me think, that it gets in the way of doing things for the long-term.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I only care to an extent what anyone else thinks. My problem is controlling how I think about myself and what thoughts I allow to enter my mind.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There's a few select people that I most certainly care what they think. Others, I've learned to mostly brush off.