POLITICS Desantis

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by zehr27, Aug 5, 2021.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not until the primaries, no. Even Quayle was polling better than Bush prior to the primaries. And I think Elizabeth Dole was leading.

2. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Actually yes. Six months before the primaries he had over 60% support in every Gallup poll that was conducted. In fact he was the leader in Every poll that was conducted from January 1999 until the primaries.

3. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Dole was never really close to him, at least in the Gallup poll, which was the gold standard in those days. From May 1998 until the primaries the closest she ever came to him in a single poll was 16%.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Interesting. He'd be the last one, then.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nobody is worried about the guy who is killing his base in the state he’s going to need to carry to get elected President.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Florida is ranked 26th among states in deaths/1M population despite having the 2nd oldest population in the country behind Maine. He's not killing anyone. People in Florida don't want the government telling them what to do, so he's not telling them what to do.

The fact that you are here, on a message board talking about him killing people when his state ranks in the bottom half for deaths/1M population shows that the left is nervous about him. Joe Biden calling Florida out shows that dems are nervous about him. The whole Publix smear piece shows that the left is nervous about him.

I'm not saying he's going to get elected president or anything, but if you think the left isn't nervous about him, you're not paying attention.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good points, it definitely has nothing to do with Florida being the highest in new cases and new deaths in the country. Just calling DeSantis out.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m actually here, on a message board, taking about him because that’s how a message board works.

And I wouldn’t be so sure that’s what the people want. Approval rating seems to headed toward the shitter at the current time.

https://floridapolitics.com/archive...antis-approval-rating-sags-as-covid-19-rages/

Also, Biden called out Abbot as well. You think he’s worried about him running for President too?

Deaths follow infections and right now Florida and Texas are leading in new infections. That’s why he called them out.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He called out Texas and Florida. Why not California?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You're right. There's a significant difference between the 12,334 new cases in Texas yesterday vs. the 10,909 in California. Definitely not political at all.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because Gavin Newsome isn't running for President. And probably because they are ramping back up measures to control COVID, and perhaps because 10909/39500000 = 2.761772151898734e-4, whereas 16935/21475000 = 7.885913853317811e-4, e.g. there are 3 times as many new cases per capita daily in Florida than in California.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now compare populations. If the difference in population between California and Texas were a state, it would be one of the 10 biggest. It's crazy how confident you are when you haven't thought things through and are half-baked in your conclusions.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I know.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Haven't check numbers - how many of new COVID cases are requiring hospitalization?

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And I'll start caring about 24 after 22. Much more interested if anyone in GOP is going to try to primary Lee.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's a male Marsha Blackburn. Just a Trump sycophant.

tvolsfan, The Dooz and fl0at_ like this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, so population matters?

Why aren't we talking about Georgia? or Louisiana? Or Missouri? Tennessee? Arkansas? Mississippi? Kentucky? Oklahoma? Kansas? They all have higher new cases per capita than Texas, and some are higher than Florida.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We can only hope. Maybe. Depending on who it is.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm willing to talk about any state. You brought up every state we have talked about so far. The comments that have triggered you were specifically pointed at TX and FL because those two states combine for over one third of all the new cases. It is where effective policy would have the most effect.

But apparently it is a terrible, terrible thing to simply speak out on this problem? Can't even say, "take action" on surging numbers in a pandemic without someone claiming it's political. [uck fay]ing ridiculous, this is public health.