POLITICS Desantis

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by zehr27, Aug 5, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And right now I have no clue if anyone is even interested in it.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The new FL numbers are being reported for today and yikes. I have no idea when it will peak. Hopefully soon, as new active cases is exponential right now. But it's simply politics. Definitely just trying to tear a guy down. Where does he go for his apology?

Daddy Gee likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is a new daily case rate of 100 per 100,000 political? COVID must be super worried about Desantis.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Read the news man. They're talking about most of these states.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I rarely pay attention to the governor's office. Has he been that big of a fail?

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Florida stopped daily reporting in June. We all know Florida is super high right now. The problem is that official data doesn't come out until Friday.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That is a good way to put that. A male Marsha Blackburn.

The Dooz likes this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Eliminating the concealed carry permit requirement and making the state open carry despite nearly every law enforcement agency absolutely begging him not to was a particularly terrible piece of legislation.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He more or less had to clue or idea to even begin dealing with covid. See what dooz said about open carry. He's in over his head. Even members of his own cabinet say it privately. He won because he came across as the nice guy while the two that should have been governor waged a full scale war on each other and turned everyone off.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm confused. Are you saying that anyone can concealed carry?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The state is now open carry. No permit, class, anything needed.

Sorry, that was kinda confusing.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Republican doing well, no way.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't have a long list of dems who have covered themselves in glory on this either. It's a lose/lose proposition.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I am.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know that the electorate will get the opportunity to fully participate, whoever is running.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He's a salesman. He will get people to buy in.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Trump lost the moderate Republican in the last election. I don't think Desantis is the guy to get them back.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

but lost them to where? Biden narrowly won in terms of the electoral map margins, and both candidates had record turnouts. Are the younger folks going to turn out after he did nothing for college debt and watered down everything else? Would anyone turnout for Harris I'm sufficient numbers?

And then there is the voter suppression. the ballgame in 2024 is wide open no matter who it is. Plus, states could just not certify the results if they dont like them, they have it all lines up now after this last dry run. so many states have been gerrymandered and rigged on a state level that they can't ever flip (Wisconsin, North Carolina)

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Rigged in who's favor?