POLITICS Desantis

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by zehr27, Aug 5, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

those states, Republican though admittedly there are states rigged the other way. it's an arms race now because if one is does it then both must.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I really hate politics as it is right now

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Just computer generate the districts to take up the smallest possible geographical footprint and be done with it. 538 had a map of what that might look like a few years ago. And then require reps must be a resident of their district.

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, there are several neutral solutions ready and available.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The issue is that if there were a neutral solution applied, the clear majority party would then be in power, and people are used to the minority power being propped up as of comparable size.

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I understand the comparison, but calling DeSantis a male Marsha Blackburn is a really lazy comparison. From the same cloth perhaps, but he’s on a totally different plane than her.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, they are separated by at least 30 IQ points. Minimum.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Eh, parties change over time. I live in Alabama where we went from 150 years of democrat super majority rule to republican super majority rule in a single election cycle.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, I understand that. The current system is preventing a realignment because it is making each entrenched in particular places.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

One of my closest friends parents went to college with her. They are lifelong GOPers and cannot stand her. Said she is the only person on earth that would make them vote Democrat and that she hasn't changed one bit.

lylsmorr likes this.
  11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There was no way she was getting my vote. She was essentially a parrot in her campaign.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When she first ran for House back in 2002, the local radio station back home did an interview with her. It was so bad, my mom called me as soon as she heard it asking me who this kook was and then got angry when I told her she was the likely winner.

I've met her once at a GOP thing when I lived in Franklin and came away not very impressed.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    justingroves and lylsmorr like this.
  13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

UGH. We need elected officials to stop letting politics drive actions and simply do what's right. Some decisions are tough, others are damn easy.

SetVol13 likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Making good decisions is low energy.

gcbvol likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How are you and hubbins doing down there these days? I hope you both are staying safe.

gcbvol likes this.
  16. gcbvol

Hey, bud! We're managing okay, getting older and crankier. Living our best life in the COVID capitol of the world. Hope you and the family are also well.

17. gcbvol

The man is a [uck fay]ing shitbag.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

what now?

19. gcbvol

Mainly about moving to punish localities over mask mandates, but also about playing politics at every turn versus actually helping the state and its people.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

TN's Lee is right behind him, just not as loud.