Do you believe in ghosts?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by DownNDirty, Oct 3, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

More worried about vampires.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nah, went to ETSU for few years so we went up there several times. We only really saw something once, but I'm pretty sure you can see headlights from the road too. I believe it was some supernatural thing, but like i said, I'm biased towards things that scare the shit out of me.

Either way, it's cool to check out. The house on the other side of the tunnel is eary as hell too.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Zombies for me.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Stay away from Florida

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Absolutely, and Louisiana.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"Do not be frightened from this inquiry by any fear of its consequences. If it ends in a belief that there is no god, you will find incitements to virtue in the comfort and pleasantness you feel in its exercise, and the love of others which it will procure you. If you find reason to believe there is a God, a consciousness that you are acting under his eye, and that he approves you, will be a vast additional incitement; if that there be a future state, the hope of a happy existence in that increases the appetite to deserve it; if that Jesus was also a god, you will be comforted by a belief of his aid and love."

-Jefferson

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Be excellent to each other" -William S. Preston (esquire) and Theodore Logan

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

A well done Bill and Ted reference

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I do not believe that ghosts/spirits of people that have died hang around on this earth, no. I certainly do believe in spirits though.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

This seems to be an increasingly popular idea. That whatever "ghosts" are, if they exist, is not necessarily who/what they appear to be.

11. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I could go for the spirit of Jack Daniel's right now.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Not sure. My perspective was obviously deduced from reading the Bible - which I believe is pretty clear on this topic.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Give me 7 hours and I'm right there with you.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

What verses?

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I suspect walking upon a still to be a distinct possibility. That could get a little hairy.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Aw, hell.

We're talking hobgoblins here, man.

Don't hijack this with your bible-thumping, Preach.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The holy spirit? Jesus rising again, but only briefly in human form. Souls?

They aren't really verses, but minor (major?) themes.

May be the spirits he refers, after all, when Jesus joined the trinity, he wasn't exactly as he was on earthy any longer. He was super Jesus. And could fly. Or ascend, whatever.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Good book on upper East TN ghost stories. It has stories about Rotherwood Mansion, the old port where Kingsport got it's name, and a cave at Tipton-Haynes Farm in Johnson City. I've encountered many spirits in that cave while doing several re-enactments there. Colonel George Dickel and General Jack Daniels have haunted me while 'investigating' the cave.

[​IMG]

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I always hear re-enacters say they've seen ghosts. I always wondered if they were serious or perpetuating the old stories.