Dormady to Play

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Oct 5, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What logic has been behind anything this offensive staff has done? Seriously Indy.

What you're saying would make sense, except we've seen completely illogical and irrational decisions by this staff for 2 and a half seasons.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You cannot apply logic to the clinically insane.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol don't be an idiot. I said I didn't watch the entire Arkansas game. First you turned that into "you didn't watch the game at all," and now you are changing it to "you don't watch the games" in the plural form.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not the one arguing that this staff knows what the hell they're doing.

You are trying to defend something that is indefensible.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Butch Jones is not an SEC caliber coach, and I can't stand the guy. But I'm not going to let that blind me enough to think that you or I can possibly know exactly what he is thinking every time he makes a decision and that is always the stupidest possible choice. You considered my alternate explanation, granted that it made sense, and then immediately shot it down as impossible. I think Butch Jones sucks, but I don't think he makes decisions for no reason or just because. Calling timeouts on your opponent's fourth downs is stupid, but he did it because he thought they were running fakes. There is logic there. It's just shitty logic. There is no logic behind your explanation of why Dobbs didn't run more last game.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone's personal decision-making process may be referred to as their "logic." That doesn't make it "logical" in the true sense of the word. This offense and the decisions made are illogical.

7. Jersey8

Jersey8 Member

Is it ridiculous to believe this staff is again coaching scared -- of getting their starting quarterback hurt or having him sail one over the middle?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There is. He doesn't want Dobbs hurt.

This is a dumbass that switched qbs out between runs and passes at Cincinnati.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Scared of hurting his starting QB that he is now going to be taking snaps from? That makes a lot less sense than my explanation. So I'm not sure why you choose to believe it.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, I get it. He is going to be playing Dormady more because he doesn't want Dobbs to get hurt! Not because Dobbs isn't a very good QB. Genius!

11. Jersey8

Jersey8 Member

I took it to be he's limiting Dobbs to keep him healthy and from throwing interceptions over the middle. He's playing Dormady so it looks like he's doing something, anything.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Does every damned offensive player have a defensive player with the same number? There are 100 numbers to choose from.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

what it boils down to is this, the passing game has sucked, (to be fair Dobbs has some culpability in this) but since the System is Infallible, they're assuming it's all Dobbs, and now they're grasping at the only straw they have, and he's probably going to get killed behind the crappy line they've put together.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yeah. That's pretty much our offense in a nutshell.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Thank you for posting this. I've started typing out something similar the past few weeks but get depressed and just start drinking. Spot on.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have been doing so well. Don't be dumb now. I thought we were past that.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still don't understand why anyone would run any thing but cover one on us and jump every short route. Dobbs throws a good slant and seam ball but we only do that about once a game.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's not dumb. If there's one thing I understand, it's football, and a number of people, myself included, have been calling for Dormady to get some snaps for weeks now. So now i am getting what I want and people expect me to [itch bay] about it?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're not getting what you want for the reasons you wanted, nor will you get the results you ought to be able to reasonably expect. Dormady is going to fail, but not necessarily because you were wrong. Get what I'm saying? I'm not happy with contaminating our future starter with playing time in Jonestown Stadium the day before the Flavor Aide Festival.

20. JG tells the truth.