Dormady to Play

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Perhaps you could consider:

1. Dormady brings his own strengths and weaknesses to the game.

2. Defenses (not ours, mind you, just "everyone else") will adjust to those strengths and weaknesses. Pretty quickly and easily, actually.

3. The things you see as being open and available when Dobbs is in the game, may not be the same as when Dormandy is in the game.

4. Dobbs'' struggles in the passing game are inarguably real (albeit with some speculation as to its causation), and Dormandy is almost certainly the better passer. You win this battle.

5. Whatever upside that Dormandy's arm may represent isn't going to more fully account for the many and fundamental deficiencies of this offense, than Dobbs'' legs now do. You lose the war.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The dude isn't accurate anywhere. Completion percentage doesn't always equal accuracy. A receiver may catch a ball thrown behind him while he runs across the middle, but that's not the same pass as the one thrown in front of him that lets him run in space.

Dobbs has had chances to make throws. If the play calling stays the same, Dormady would get those chances too.

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Come on, man.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What the hell are you even talking about? My Post was in response to someone saying that benching Dobbs would cause Butch to lose the locker room. I was pointing out that the receivers probably would not be too upset with him putting in a quarterback that can get them the ball, not saying that the receivers run the locker room.

Putting in a quarterback that can stretch the field and forces the opposing defense to take guys out of the box negates our running back? You serious?

He tried to invalidate my opinion by making shit up about me not watching games. I came back with sarcasm, and that makes me a [Penis]? You sound so whiny.

You stop a running quarterback in a similar way to how you stop a good running back. You load the freaking box. A quarterback that can make plays in the passing game opens up the field and forces teams to remove players from the box. That opens up the run game. I don't understand how so many people that I consider so intelligent can't seem to figure this out. If our passing game starts working, teams can't just go prevent defense. We have a 242 pound back that would run all over them. But with Dobbs only as a threat to run the ball, teams can stack the box because they know we can't throw on them

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Come on what? The rest of my post completely validates the part you bolded. If you throw a ball across the middle to a receiver in stride, and he runs for a touchdown, but I throw the ball behind the receiver who then catches it and gets tackled, is our accuracy the same? I mean, we both completed the pass, right

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Benching Dobbs also takes away our only big play receiving threat... Dobbs.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Boom

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've heard it all now. Completion percentage means nothing.

I'm out.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Everybody is being so god damn dramatic today. I never said completion percentage means nothing. I said, in a nut shell, that it doesn't tell the whole story. But go ahead and keep making shit up.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How about you just shut the **** up thinking you're important and more knowledgeable while coaching D3.

No one cares.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

in an offense that throws 75% screens, completion % means absolutely nothing.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Completion % down the middle of the field does, and Dobbs completion percentage there is outstanding.

They just refuse to attack it

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven't said I'm more knowledgable than anyone in this conversation, and I certainly haven't said a damn thing about being more important. Again, I don't get why you're so god damn dramatic.

And I don't coach D3 football. But keep making shit up. That's 2 in a row.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Get the **** out of here thinking you're more knowledgable and important than everyone else!

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Even better, then. Now shut up

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I agree. It's a mix of coaching and Dobbs. Looks like Dobbs try to throw every ball as hard as he can and sacrifices a lot of accuracy for so doing.

His completion percentage is fool's gold. Dude's as inaccurate as Crompton was and makes similar reads.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

what has the QB coach been doing all this time? wait.....

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm just giving you a hard time Indy. I don't agree with anything you say about the offense looking better, though.

It will continue to look stupid with the same people running the circus

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Is there another Division 1-A school with no QB coach?

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We have one. Just because he is a ga should not be cause for alarm.