Dormady to Play

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Oct 5, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's it

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's going to fail miserably, not because of Dormady, but because of the broke **** offensive scheme.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Does anyone here not understand football?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Dormady can accurately hit the throws that Dobbs either missed, threw too high, threw behind a guy, etc. the offense is immediately improved without changing a single thing about the scheme.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Only when I'm on VN

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And when Hurd still get calls for lateral runs and Kamara still gets calls up the middle, it won't make a single damn difference if we hit 1 or 2 ten yard passes.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I would say there are plenty of people here who don't have a solid grasp on a lot of the X's and O's stuff. Play calling. Situational stuff. I'm not intending for this post to be calling anyone out or point to anyone specific, btw.

8. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

That is how i have always seen it. What is wrong with a couple of series to see if it works? I never said Dormady would succeed or fail. There needs to be an alternative to Dobbs, who has failed as a passer in the three losses.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

To me it is like taking a good piece of pumpernickel and replacing the white bread of your shit sandwich, hoping to make it taste better. All you did was ruin a good piece of pumpernickel.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I still feel like a fair % of Dobbs' ineffectiveness throwing is akin to Cuonzo Martin hypothetically limiting Jarnell Stokes to 18-foot jumpers.

11. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Putting dormady in the game doesn't fix the myriad of issues beyond throw game accuracy. There is a reason no qb at UT has been successful in Jones' offense.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I know he's a redshirt but what does the future look like for Sheriron Jones? I mean, assuming Guarantano comes in 2016 then Hunter Johnson in 2017 and Dormady has a head start to next in line, is he the odd man out?

It just seems like the talk was that he was the better prospect then Dormady though I realize he arrived later in summer. I just feel like if Dormady takes over at any point for Dobbs, he may not even be the best backup. Does the staff have it in them to make Dormady back-up again or do they ride the better QB on the bench, assuming S. Jones is better?

Of course, if Butch is replaced, all of this may not mean anything.

13. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

You wont know until you try it.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Look at how accurate he is over the middle. But nah, Dobbs just sucks. It's not the scheme

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, but the playcalling won't be there to let Dormady throw it.

Watch and see. Nothing will change when Dormady comes in, it will be two no read read options then a long throw.

16. MWR

MWR Contributor

And the crowd goes wild.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

In what alternate universe have you been inside of a WR-lead locker room?

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It completely negates Hurd too, other than what he can get on his own.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Remember when UT used to let Dobbs run and the offense looked pretty decent? Yeah, it's his fault the offense has faltered recently.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Groves has access to what happens at UT. He is one of the if not the most objective person on this board. Sometimes I think he has no emotion. He doesn't post stuff due to emotion like the rest of us. If I hadn't met him, I would swear he might be a robot. Not to mention he is one of the most respected people on the board. I don't get your reaction.

Why do you go into full [Penis] mode when someone disagrees with you? It's your go to move. It's completely unnecessary.