Double Standards

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, May 4, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my wife disagrees

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not a lawyer, but I think there is some sort of protection for spouses regarding knowledge of a crime. Or maybe that's just testifying? Dunno. There is something though.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Find a way to do it anonymously.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is this international law? Are non American citizens protected under the US constitution?

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The one I'm thinking of is US law, and I know it applies to not testifying against a spouse. Don't know if it goes further.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I met and married my wife shortly after the social media craze began and I remember that I would check out sites of potential dates pre-Ms. Uni. If they had a bunch of pictures of themselves, especially "selfies", then they were out.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm thinking this was pre-selfie sticks and maybe pre facing cameras so half of all selfies were in a mirror, which is a guarantee that someone sucks.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think it is just that you cannot be forced to testify against your spouse.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Hot female teacher bangs student, just gets fired. Maybe. No jail time, a la Debra "too pretty to go to jail" LaFave.... Unhot female teacher bangs student, loses job for sure and probably gets time. Male teacher bangs student, all hell breaks loose most likely...

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I have a hard time believing male teachers aren't doing that with way more regularity than female teachers.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

meh. women that cheat on their husbands are pretty well hated. in fact, i think they get a worse time from other women than men do from other men.

13. Savage Orange

Maybe, but a good looking female teacher banging a student draws the "where were these teachers when I was a kid???" comments.... A male teacher could look like (insert 5 good looking guys rolled into one here) and he's still going to come out looking awful... Many times, when the teacher is a hot female, the kid catches heat for messing up a good thing!

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It seems to me that almost all of the female teachers doing this sort of thing have been off their rockers. I'd expect the men to be more motivated by prurient desires.

15. Savage Orange

I'd agree with that.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Male college profs/instructors can have a take a number type demand for "extra credit" sex with coeds.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wish

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I think it is more urban myth than truth, but it does happen.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know it happens, but the ones it "happens" to do a lot to make it happen.

I have been propositioned for that sort of thing for sure once, and have had a couple of other incidents that may have been innocent but I suspected were "feelers." Just not a box I'm willing to open.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are you sure it's a box? Sounds more like a closet.