Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I read last night that banned users were still able to access Spaces, which could also be the reason for him taking it down

IP and The Dooz like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

These are a lot of words for "no."

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, you are correct. He did take the feature down completely after getting roasted on it.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Cool. Tis silly of us anyways to be noticing at all when the AOC and Warrens of the world within Congress advocate for US government action based on how Twitter enforces "free speech". Definitely aren't sentiments you have routinely seen from the likes of Senator Marsha Blackburn these past few years.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Just a tiny sampling from the blue check club here, but looks like Jason sure isn’t happy. He demands Musk be hauled before Congress and such.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not seeing any claim about the first amendment. Could you quote it?

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sure, I’ll use a Dem politician with a rational take on this issue to expand on what Jason means there, or is Representative Lieu incorrect invoking the 1st Amendment here as a way to shoot down this type of silly rhetoric leaking from the blue check brigade?

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Kyle, pretty famous leftist podcaster, views Twitter as a public utility.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

He is saying "no, let's not haul him before Congress because that doesn't make any sense." That is correct.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Of course that pesky 1st Amendment explains why these “I demand government action” against Musk hot takes newly inspired by the banning of partisan propagandists like Olberman and Rupar makes no sense.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not sure if you are being intentionally slippery or if this is just a normal misunderstanding. The CLAIM was that left-of-you's were now also falsely claiming about 1st Amendment violations. Here you have shown a guy complaining about bans with no reference to anyone's 1st amendment rights, and then someone pointing out that to haul a man in front of Congress for banning people from his service would be a violation of THAT MAN's first amendment rights. Not an example of your claim.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You forgot to include Senator Warren threatening government action because she is personally displeased at how an individual decides to run his own private company. None of these examples definitely have nothing to do with conflating the 1st amendment and Twitter.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The same thing you are replying to applies to this response from you. The claim is "now 'lefties' are crying about 1st amendment violations", and your supporting evidence is... "lefties" talking about doing something that would BE 1st amendment violations. These are two different things and don't support the claim.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lefties presently are crying about “muh free speech” as it pertains to Twitter. As can be evidenced within this thread and all throughout the interwebs. Is what it is. We will have to agree to disagree on that particularly specific fixation.

However, in your fixation on a singular, obviously sarcastically written sentence within the original post you keep referring back to, you totally ignore the larger point made within that post: that it’s easy to notice “your side” has developed a sudden cynicism and concern over how these big tech platforms wield the quasi-monopolies they now have on the flow and distribution of information. The parallels to what some Dem media propagandist cheerleaders and Dem politicians are saying sounds like deja vu to those of us on “the right” accustom to hearing similar rhetoric coming from “our side”.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You keep repeating it, but have not demonstrated it. Are you sure? So far you seem to be very confused about what anyone is saying.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just going to drop it. Sure dude. Those lefties are seething and crying about their first amendment rights. Whatever you say.

InVolNerable likes this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sure, if that summary is your brilliant overall takeaway, roll with it. Who cares anyways? I'll summarize myself by saying it was informative learning from you all us darn conservatives just care about "shouting down" at others.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's the first time you heard that?

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's funny watching all of this.