Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I guess I just don’t care

Indy and zehr27 like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that's really the smart move and I wish to emulate you more in that regard.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I like car crashes so watching the dumpster fire is infotainment for me. I'm guessing his financial backers are pushing him to quickly find a new CEO as I doubt they like seeing their money on fire.

4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Twitter web version been down for over an hour now.

5. KyleAlexanderfan

Probably the first of many [uck fay] ups from a site reliability standpoint.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Musk is a genius, he'll have it figured out shortly.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ruh-oh. Could be big for those cheering for Elon Musk to fail with Twitter. Or even better, it could be a beautiful night for everyone if Elon just pulled the plug and declared Twitter no longer exists. Then we can all unite as one and focus on what is really important: banning Tik Tok so the Chinese don't maliciously harbor our data while simultaneously rotting the American brain.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

But for real though, I mainly just want my Twitter for real time sports viewing purposes. I like the sports, political, and other interesting accounts Twitter allows me access to. But in the end, if Twitter (and all social media really) just went away, and we had to return to a online reality pre 2008ish, the country and world would probably be better off for it in the long run. Although I really doubt we could put that toothpaste back in the tube even if we really wanted to.

9. KyleAlexanderfan

I hate using twitter mobile when I'm watching sports so I'm very inconvenienced right now.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Love having my Twitter app open and firing on my phone when I'm sitting down and watching a live sporting event unfold I'm emotionally invested in. I feel naked when I'm not able to continuously refresh my timeline when the Vols or Titans are playing. Love being a part of what all the beat reporters/everyone is seeing unfold in real time.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm with you on Tik Tok. We can replace it with something not CCP-tainted.

12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Can’t find the tweet now that I thought was spot on, but to summarize:

Part of Tesla’s obscene valuation was just Elon mystique and in buying twitter he bought a mystique chattering bazooka and has been dumb enough to keep it aimed directly at himself.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What does this mean exactly? Is this referring to Twitter employment turnover % since the Musk acquisition? Cause surely Twitter doesn’t employ 144k folks.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Mo's likely users, not employees

IP likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's users. Which runs into the problem of bots. But it is fairly obvious that many who said they may quit still post.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I understand buying and/or taking over a company and implementing cost cutting measures. That’s not abnormal and was probably expected.

But some of this shit as it relates to the janitorial staff and keeping a clean office space, or lack thereof, is [uck fay]ing disgusting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/29/...ytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I once interviewed with the State of Tennessee a long while ago. A significant portion of the interview was devoted to whether I was averse to cleaning the office. I was not interviewing for a custodial position. Originally I thought it was just a check on whether I would clean up after myself or something. Then I believed it was some sort of behavioral question until the guy doing the interview got very specific and walked me around the office pointing out tasks. I thought that part wired, but it was a bizarre interview overall.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He's also stopped paying rent.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This isn’t related to your story in any other way than it reminded me of the time HR had to email the entire company to remind us not to clip nails at our workspaces, and more specifically, toenails.

justingroves likes this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Haha sounds like the Elon Twitter headquarters is embracing their inner San Francisco a tad too much when it comes to cleanliness.