Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Total waste of time. Inflation, health care...etc is not worth their time I guess.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's all about the show.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Looks like the infantile ego maniac is having a bigger temper tantrum than normal.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Private company gonna private company.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

So the talk about free speech, public Square, and absolute free speech was all bullshit.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sure, but so what? Every major tech company enforces their own rules on what is and is not acceptable speech. It’s almost like Twitter never has been and never will be a digital public square for absolute free speech, no matter what the Elon Musk’s and Jack Dorsey’s of the world are on record saying.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

While I wouldn’t have suspended Rupar personally, I do find it greatly ironic simply because these past few years Aaron Rupar has always been at the forefront mocking and belittling concerns coming from conservatives on tech platform censorship. Perhaps now he finally “gets it”.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He wants to be the villain but can't take the heat. A tale as old as time.

HCKevinSteele and The Dooz like this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Aweee, you think Twitter is violating your free speech rights? “iTs A pRiVaTe CoMpAnY!” they sneered.

Aweee, are you upset at how the rules are enforced? “bUiLd YoUr OwN pLaTfOrM iF YoU dOnT lIkE iT!” they sarcastically replied.

Welcome libs and leftists to the concerns conservatives have been repeatedly laughed at for years now. We tried to warn y’all tech companies, who have for the most part monopolized the distribution and access to speech, determining what is and isn’t acceptable speech isn’t exactly a wonderful thing in the end.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We’re still laughing at you.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Simpletons will laugh at anything I guess.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes you will.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

ole orange is a caricature of an internet conservative. May as well be a parrot perched beside an AM radio.

Poor conservatives, so persecuted and silenced by not being to shout anyone else down anywhere.

Get the [uck fay] out with your "twitter violated free speech rights" bit, you know that is a dipshit take and would pounce on anyone left of Reagan's nuts that said it, but also want to trot it out there in some dumb attempt to equate bans due to inciting violence to bans for criticism of the owner of the service.

Musk is acting in bad faith. No political spin to it. And that's his right. But the reaction of those celebrating it just proves they never gave a shit about a public forum or absolute free speech at all, and they will freely and enthusiastically lie about their values in order to advance their ideology. The ends justify the means is one of the defining characteristics of the post 2016 conservative culture.

The Dooz and JudgmentVol like this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Good grief. The paranoia and seething hatred directed at conservatives (myself included, whatever) is something. Shoo-wee

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ooh, "seething," there is another cliche.

I'm not expressing hatred at all, I'm simply not going along for a ride. I've seen it enough times.

Did twitter violate conservatives' free speech rights or was that a rhetorical turd you threw in for effect?

There lies the truth in what I am saying.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It is kinda funny to see people who literally hate anything and anybody other than left, whine about Twitter after telling others who complained to stfu for years because “twitter is a private company and can do what they want.” Make up your damn mind.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Link where that is, all I am seeing is the straw man take that this is happening

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Take a few minutes on twitter and it’s an easy answer.