Endgame

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Apr 25, 2019.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I haven't see any of these dumbass, wrinkled grandma ass bullshit movies, and I never will.

Indy and RockyHill like this.
  2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

But if you haven't seen them, how do you know they are "dumbass, wrinkled grandma ass?"

Also what does that mean?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Old man yells at clouds

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Eternals coming to [itch bay] slap them for messing with timelines

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

if they put the stones back, did they really mess with them?

I guess Loki escaping with cube.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And the Celestials coming just to shut the whole thing down.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So I'm insanely curious about the soul stone in this. If it's placed back, do you get the soul back?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

the fine print is pretty clear that it can't be undone. Red Skull might have to baby sit it again, though.

9. CardinalVol

Everything else was pretty easy logistically, all things considered. Just wondered what you do, toss it in the valley, hand it to Red Skull, what?

Of course, I still don't agree with their view of time travel.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

you are raising an interesting point. it seems like the only way to return the stone would be to go back to right when they get it and be like "here" to red skull. at the exact moment. which makes you wonder if you could then save BW... but then you have created the time paradox you were trying to avoid in the first place.
    I don't know that you can really return that one. you can put it back, but you can't return it really, which is baked in to the way you get it.

11. CardinalVol

I just can't see how that one is returned. And Red Skull isn't as much in charge of it as he is the usher for it.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

he calls it a curse. but then who was guarding it before he was brought there to do it? it seems like there is something pulling the strings of soul stone management.

13. CardinalVol

It's a question that they probably won't answer.

Also, how does Cap end up on the bench? If you go with their theory that a change in the past creates a new parallel timeline from that point, he would create one when he inserted himself in the past. He would not show up in the Endgame timeline. The past would have been changed, thus he would be in a different timeline.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

unless he was in their timeline all along, living off the grid.

I wondered when he saw the photo of himself on peggy's desk in 1970 if there might have been more significance- maybe he saw a photo of himself that had not been taken yet. and he realized he eventually goes back.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just about any time travel scenarios involve a fair amount of just plain old acceptance imo

justingroves likes this.
  16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Forward to the 5 minute mark, or watch the whole thing. I remember watching this with my dad, I think we were both a little uncomfortable, but I think it's when he finally acknowledged I was a big boy.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Just because a life is required to possess the stone doesn’t mean that new / resumed life can spring from its return. Once the debt is paid and the stone possessed, you can then do with it as you please - put it in a glove and kill 50% of everyone, choose to travel back in time to return it, lose it, throw it in the river or simply hand it back to the same dude who was guarding it - doesn’t matter. That deal is a death for possession, and as soon as you hold it, that transaction is complete. If you could give the death, possess, use and return it for your lost loved one, why wouldn’t everyone just do that, once they’d done what they wanted with it?

IP likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Can we talk about this yet?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll be interested to see where Marvel goes now.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hopefully in stasis for 5 years

EDIT:

Check that, I hardly go to the movies anyway, so it shouldnt bother me if they make another 10039390 comic hero movies. As long as other people enjoy them.