Episode 8

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 14, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Mastery takes a long time, but raw talent is evident. Anakin before trained was pod racing. Luke was kikling womp rats.

Luke had help at every step, from Obi Wan, even after death. And he never held his own with Vader. Vader at every point was attempting to capture or talk. If he wanted to crush him, he'd be crushed.

Luke's first Force class graduated 1 person. Because that 1 person killed everyone else. Obi Wan is pretty much the only other Jedi to also have that merit badge.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wasn't it stated multiple times that Luke was considered a phenomenal pilot on his home planet?

Let's not pretend that "Use the force, Luke" was blowing up the death star for him. Obi Wan basically told him to trust in himself and his own abilities / relationship with the force (whatever the hell that even means).

Also, he most certainly seemed to hold his own with Vader in Return of the Jedi. I don't buy that that whole fight was "staged."

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the song was annoying, but other than that it was interesting I guess.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The version of All Along the Watchtower at the end of season 3 was epic.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it was a great show, but I just thought it went too long with that

6. fl0at_

Let me put it in terms you can understand: if Luke was playing Madden, he'd be cheesing.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Too long, or failed to have an endgame? I think 4 seasons was fine, they just didn't write a good 4th season. Seriously, you, me, and a bottle of whiskey could write a better final season arc within a weekend.

8. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I recently re-watched 6 and 7. I kept an eye towards 8. Even in 6 as old as it is there is the foreshadowing we see in 7 and probably 8. I was surprised at some of the continuity. I have gotten over some of the rehashed themes from 4 that found its way into 7. It allowed me to enjoy it more a second time. They just weren't necessary and for older fans an annoying distraction. Even the title for 8 comes from a Yoda deathbed quote. One could take the title to mean that the Jedi are at an end, a transference from Luke to Rey of the title or that it merely refers to Luke.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

fair.

10. fl0at_

11. fl0at_

1. Luke, you melodramatic weenie. "I've seen this kind of raw power only once before." Oh? Really Luke. In the 15 force sensitive people you've come across. No, no, go on about your massive amounts of experience.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That trailer looked great.

13. fl0at_

No knowledgably incorrect reference to another show? No questions about the Enterprise, or where Jar Jar is?

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Rey is a palpatine.

15. fl0at_

**** off!

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is my theory. Somehow she's from him or his family. He is who luke is referring to as that much power.

Edit, stole it from one of those bloggers, but going with it.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If Luke pulls an Obi-Wan and lets Kylo kill him so he can mentor Rey as a ghost, I'll lose it.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No, it looked great. Can't wait to go see it with the boy my wife alleges is mine. And at Christmas. Christmas movies are great - cold weather, everyone's excited about holidays. Festive.

And the trailer looked really good.

I'm no Star Wars fan, but I've been pleasantly surprised with how well Abrams has done so far. He seems to have really satisfied both the new and diehard alike, and which I really didn't think could ever be done.

19. fl0at_

Coworker said he's gonna pull a Yoda and just sink into the force.

They could try something new. Like he legit dies. Forever.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm rooting for a Darth Plageuis power type deal where he lives forever.

Long live Luke!