ESPN sharticle on Cuonzo Martin

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Nov 2, 2015.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That is accurate. What conclusion do you want to draw from it?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Play-in wins equal sweet sixteen wins unless you are a racist.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It's apples and oranges anyways. For most if not all of his tenure, the NCAAT didn't have a play-in game available to at-large teams for Bruce to fail his way into.

4. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I'm the lone exception on here, as I actually like 'Zo. I've never considered him an elite coach or someone to build a perennial Final Four program, but he probably accomplished the third most among SEC coaches. On one hand that's good, because the two in front of him are future HOF members, but the rest of the conference is/was trash. I stopped reading after the race BS and trying to compare it to Wade Houston's firing.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are no play-in games. I'll wait for folks to come and ask why you're having a hard time admitting this mistake.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

See above.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

That folks who act like he was a Dooley or Tyndall are wrong.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I don't think Dooley and Tyndall should be lumped together.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not going to waste time because even if it is incorrect it diminishes the strength of my argument exactly zero percent. Your argument was predicated on a mistake.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's almost a Butch. Plenty of talent, but seldom getting the results one would expect. Difference is he wasn't stocking the cupboard for the next guy.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I laughed.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Tyndall coached circles around Martin.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me neither. Tyndall was a known cheater, but he's a pretty good coach that can't quit doing dumb shit.

Dooley was only here to get paid for 3 years then hit the road.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

missed this. Funny as hell.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

IP going way around the barn to prove that UT canning Martin was racist, rather than him just being a weak coach.

I am a fan of the guy as a human being, just not as UT's basketball coach.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It must be the basketball fans who are racists. I'd say a large portion, if not a majority, of casual Vol fans couldn't name Tennessee's current basketball coach or tell you his race.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

never let an opportunity to play race card slip away, even if it's ridiculous. Most powerful play in the US today.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cal ranked #14th preseason baby!

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

racist pollsters keeping Cuonzo out the top 5.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Starting to lean IP's way on this one. You're telling me UT identified one of its coaches as weak and disposed of him accordingly? I'm not sure I can believe that.