Ethnic Pride

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, May 10, 2016.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Illustrative:

[​IMG]

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Obama was pushing that message a few days ago. Fantastic presidential message.

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Okay, Clay Travis.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's all divisive.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes. All of it.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Racist.

No Melungeon Pride listed.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What exactly would melungeons be proud of

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

According to the OP, not being white. Those guys are racist *****.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The reasoning for the existence of those pride groups are very different than the reasons for the white pride group. I mean, c'mon, people need an explanation as to why a gay pride group might be necessary?

10. NorrisAlan

But surely you understand as more and more of "white culture" gets pushed back and attacked (real or not) there is going to be a rebound like this?

I think all of it has passed its time and should be shelved. Take pride in being yourself and a human being among human beings. Race is passe, or should be.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I've never heard of Asian pride and didn't think they really counted as a minority

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

White people have pride all the time without any issue, Irish pride, German pride, etc. "White pride" was specifically designed to be a white supremacist ethos co-opting black and others actual self-realization in order to de-legitimize those groups and promote themselves above others. Black pride and gay pride shouldn't be that problematic.

13. NorrisAlan

But I am not Irish or Scottish or German or English or...or... or... My family has been in the USA for 150+ years as far back as I can trace.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This.

15. Beechervol

They don't care. Pass the Soy.

16. Beechervol

This too.

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Technically it's not even a real thing, which makes all the strife even more absurd.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

People just want to be a part of something and have a sense of belonging. As long as it's nonviolent, I don't care.

19. NorrisAlan

I agree. And if a Chinese guy wants to wear a kilt, throw a caper around and play bag pipes, I am ok with it.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I just think being proud of being white doesn't really make sense. It's too broad. It makes perfect sense to be proud of where/who you came from.