Evan Berry practicing at TB

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 8, 2014.

1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I would bet money they are trying to put him in some sort of wildcat package to get the ball in his hands. From what I've hear, Berry is electric with the football but his problem has been ball security.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

They aren't doing a damn thing, IP. This is akin to Dooley offering that no talent RB out of his old hs near the end of '11.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

They may not be doing anything fruitful, but it is a signal that they are not completely delusional as to the situation the team is in. Just functionally delusional.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

They don't know what they're doing. Period. Anyone else is using this week to find 2-3 things offensively that will carry them through SEC play.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Devil's advocate: how do we know they are not?

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Common sense. Plus we've already seen what a fish out of water looks like in this conference.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

common sense? I don't think that is really an answer. That is just you reasserting your original statement.

All failure isn't the same. We know for damn sure this has been a different kind of failure than Dooley. The evidence for that is the difference in recruiting, relations with former players, and a relaxing of shower discipline.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've never seen an offense try to put something in with a new player after a performance last week that wasn't basically them throwing hands in the air in frustration.

Big difference if we were trucking along offensively and put something in as a curveball. Big difference.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Common sense as in, why fix it now? What makes this week different? If anything this will bring on more cherry picking ideas like, idk, moving a Berry to TB.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know. I just want to believe again.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I believe that this season will end with a 4-8 record and a new AD.

12. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

No possible way Hart gets fired after this season.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They'll get to 5. 6 is now up in air, but they will get to 5.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He has done what he was brought here for, consolidation. Now it is time to make money.

Last year finished with 60k in the black. We won't come close to that this season with both of his hires in cash crop sports. He'll get the axe.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

UK beats our brains in with a shovel if the game is played in 3 days.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

You sure? Chattanooga, Vanderbilt. Who else?

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think some people are slow on the uptake. Last Saturday wasn't just a missed opportunity. Last Saturday was the effort that will get you beat against anyone with a pulse.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Seriously should have punted on every first down in the 4th quarter. We likely hang on to win.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I believe the 4-8 line but not the AD line.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

They're grasping.

At first glance, this reeks of desperation and panic.