Expectations/Predictions for 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Aug 19, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

In his defense, and I don't expect this to make much of a difference, this will be the first time he's had the same OC for consecutive seasons since he's been here. Hopefully things will start to click for him with a second season in the same system.

VOLinDAWGland, IP and justingroves like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope he pulls a Crompton, but Crompton looked serviceable in 06 before 08 screwed everything up

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I think this season will either be an 10-0, or a 2-8, 3-7 type year for us.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

This is the only thing we can look to for hope. That Chaney can work some magic with him this year.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You can get 100/1 on a Vols SEC title

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You cant see progress everywhere except qb? Qb makes a bad coach look good and good coaches look bad. Have to look at whole pic imo

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm expecting Bailey to be starting by the end of the year

8. BigOrangeBeech

I really feel like we are solid QB play away from being an 8-2 type team this year.

9. BigOrangeBeech

I think so too. Be interesting to see if they give Maurer another shot before they go to Bailey.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If and when JG shows that he's still the JG of old, what do you think the follow-up approach looks like regarding this staff and the QB position.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Put the best man in and keep recruiting.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The QB position is still my big concern, but I'm most excited to see Eric Gray running behind our O-Line and Henry T and Roman Harrison at LB.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gray is a future star, but I really like Chandler too.

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I hope he's not because that would mean JG playing well and team having a good season. We don't need a spectacular JG, just an experienced efficient one that keeps the offense moving.

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

he's shown flashes of that, now need a whole season of it.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The future is now.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're both going to break off long runs and be weapons in the passing game.

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Chandler is good, I like him. He can break off some nice runs. Gray is just so damn shifty, I feel he can house it everytime he touches the ball. He's the only back on our roster that I think about like that. But then again, everyone has had an offseason to get better so Chandler may be the man. I'm just ready for some damn football.

justingroves likes this.
  19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Shit we would’ve won at least 10 last year with a good QB.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yep. G st shoulda been 55-38 game and BYU is a W with a walkon playing. Cant recall how many tds we missed the throw or didnt see a wr wide open. Seems like it was 7 or 8 tds we missed, not to mention momentum changing plays he made for the other team