Expectations/Predictions for 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  2. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

If JG grades out highest for the SC game I start him, with the understanding if he makes head mistakes I won’t hesitate to make him the back up in a heartbeat. At this point I’d play em all this season, QB confidence fragility be hanged, we need a swagger QB who knows he’s the best option, whomever that is.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do think it is fair to pull him if he is making mental mistakes after all these years, but I wouldn't want to give him the yips by telegraphing it to him.

4. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

For most QB’s I’d say your right. But JG is aware of his lack of attention, his lack of focus and concentration, inconsistencies, He literally killed us in the bama game. He’s been yanked before and I think telling him up front is what he needs to hear. He has talent, he cane in as a back up or change up before and looked darn good. Hopefully he’s matured in consistency and preparation.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think a good thing for him to do is colonize Mars

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Gibbs sitting out. Was kinda counting on him.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't expect him to ever play a snap

8. Ssmiff

Somethings up

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's what I was wondering

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Doesn't like school

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The whole 'school to NFL' thing is stupid, anyway. Don't get me wrong, I love UT football, but it is really a [uck fay]ed up way of doing things.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Hes supposedly currently in good academic standing

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That doesn't necessarily mean he likes doing what he's told to do

kmf600 and IP like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know nothing but it smacks of this right here. He came in and isn't getting with the program. There are miles of distance between "good academic standing" and progressing towards a degree, meeting the standards asked of you in terms of attendance and punctuality, effort, etc. Don't know if they still do study hours.

15. Ssmiff

Thats true but its my understanding with Gibbs its something not related to academic issues

16. Ssmiff

Or he may have had a family member die recently from covid and isnt up for it for various reasons right now.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe. Don't know.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The Athletic has us #15..................................and we play 5 teams ranked ahead of us.

19. Ssmiff

Tn is a hard job due to the competition we play and the fact we have to go into their backyards to compete from talent and depth perspective. I'm not sure I'd want the job.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I had heard that Gibbs and Wright were not taking COVID restrictions very seriously. My guess is Gibbs was deemed to likely be patient 0 for the recent case spread that forced practice to cancel. Could be sending a strong message. (of course, it's also entirely possible he isn't academically eligible)