POLITICS Fake News

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jan 23, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why, you do not even know the range and countenance of the majestic Grus grus, also known as the common or Eurasian crane?! My dinner companions on the steamship this evening will be delighted and amused by this.

Cartography is the practice and science of making maps. Knowing and recognizing countries on a map, and the science behind knowing the distribution of things on the Earth's surface, is geography.

Stick to saving and improving lives. Esoteric and only rarely useful information is my domain.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Have you stepped back and thought that people do understand what and why you believe what you believe, and still think you're a moron for it?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think I have a pretty good idea. Do you think you have an idea as to why the other half of the country believes what they do?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What's your pretty good idea?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not a Trump supporter, so I'm not really sure why your response to my post is directed towards me and my beliefs.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh, stop it. We're not your girlfriend, you don't have to put on airs. you've never said "boo" against him and frequently criticize positions taken in opposition.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, nor do I plan to vote for him in November. I'm not sure why you'd put more stock in my posts on a message board than my actual vote, when trying to determine who I support. And what the hell does my girlfriend have to do with this? You seem to be making some assumptions about me.

Criticizing an opposition to Trump does not a Trump supporter make. I think a lot of Trump opposition is ridiculous. Some people would complain about the man curing cancer, much in the same way some people would support him no matter what negative actions he takes. I find the former more tiresome and think the constant overreactions to everything he does are more dangerous, so I call it/them out more frequently. As for the guy himself, he's done a decent amount of stuff I like, and he's done a decent amount of stuff I don't like. I wish he would shut the [uck fay] up most of the time and get rid of his twitter, but it is what it is. I much prefer him to anything on the other side at the moment, but that's not saying much. I think the democratic party is flirting with disaster as they move further and further left.

Since you felt the need to bring my girlfriend into the equation, she's a democrat, and she's made a comment on multiple occasions that she doesn't recognize her own party. She has a friend who does nothing but bash Trump and Trump supporters (calling them idiots and what not), and she's told me multiple times that it's exhausting, and that she feels this friend's beliefs/approach - that all Trump supporters are just lower IQ than everyone else - is one of the biggest problems with the Democratic party right now.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I missed this. Are you now saying it's cool to call others stupid and idiot on a site for years but when a liberal is called stupid, it's a problem for you?
    Maybe Thailand will bring you back from the brink of delusional

9. Ssmiff

What is liberals are stupid for $1000 Alex?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

no, I am observing that you and others have no issue saying derogatory things about people, but act deeply wounded if anything is said of a group you identify with.

It's a regular occurrence for you to do this, happened a couple of times in the last 24 hours.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

see?

12. Ssmiff

Judas priest dude I've been verbally abused on here plenty of times. For years. Used to be worse.
    Honestly I dont care much about the video. Anything goes in media now. You and others constantly rationalizing actions, words, tweets etc, well, makes you look [uck fay]ing stupid and unable to have rational thought

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What derogatory things have I said about people, in relation to politics?

And if you think I, or anyone else, is acting "deeply wounded" by that video, then you're still missing the point. There are TONS of Trump supporters out there who aren't stupid or racist and would probably give any legitimate opposition to Trump a fair look. These sorts of videos and comment push those people away when the goal of the Democratic party should be to sway those people to their side.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

so no "u" "crane" jokes, got it.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You’re not really in any position to be calling anybody else stupid. Just a heads up. Do with it what you will.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

[​IMG]

17. Ssmiff

yeah no problem doozy. You've been at me for years. Glad it's worked out well for ya. I'd still buy you a zima

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t think anyone is deeply wounded by the CNN bit.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Would rather have a black cherry Truly.

Ssmiff likes this.
  20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What does that have to do with what I said?

You seem to think that those that believe others are morons are doing so ignorantly. I'm asking you the same question you asked: have you considered that they aren't doing so ignorantly?