Fall Practice 3 days in

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I wonder if "what was I thinking" has passed through his mind yet.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

He and Hash should form a band.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The Riley Hashbrown Band

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Allan Carson supposedly quit today

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's been a long time coming.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It's always good to drop dead weight

Edit:

Can't believe we're allowing this guy to leave:

2013 - JUNIOR

Redshirted

2012 - SOPHOMORE

Games/Starts: 0/0
    Did not play in any games

2011 - FRESHMAN

2011 GAME-BY-GAME STATISTICS
    Games/Starts: 5/0
    Played in five of last seven games as a reserve lineman
    Did not make a tackle in limited action
    One of 16 true freshmen to play for Vols in 2011

Saw action in third game at #2 Alabama (10/22)
    Played second game of the season vs. #1 LSU (10/15)
    Made debut on defensive line vs. Buffalo (10/1)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I said all November he looked like too much of a robot out there. Sounds like it hasn't changed.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well... Bye.

It isn't just that I hate quitters, it is that I don't even comprehend them.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's getting his degree in December and he doesn't have to get his ass kicked at practice anymore.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I could see him leaving after the season

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Many people would trade anything to get their ass kicked at practice at UT, but so be it. See ya.

12. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I'm disappointed that Peterman, at this point, isn't developing into the quarterback I thought he could be here. When we first signed him, I thought there was a possibility that we could see great things from him.

13. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Carsen has not played a down since 2011. Another 2* Dooley recruit gone.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

That would be a shame. I had high expectations for him.

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Was he sought after by any of the big 12 schools? I know he was a 4 star but several of them go unwanted by UTx and TAMU and never work out.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think it's more than a coincidence that no QBs have developed in 1 1/2 years under Baja.

17. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Dunno. But there was mentioned here another element I hope like heck isn't true, but you gotta wonder. That our staff who's supposed to develop our QBs isn't getting the job done. This is the most negative set of posts I can ever remember making even when the Dools was here. Again, I may be way off base in what I believe I saw on the video and yet again remind you of my confession that I'm not what you call a savvy observer. But some things, I suppose, even a 5 year old can see.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't have any grandiose opinions of Baja's QB coaching, but all but one of the QBs were recruited by Dooley

19. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

When you put it that way, it gives pause. But I don't think even the Dools Disease can make a QB seemingly talentless. Bray was practically uncoachable attitude-wise but was not without an upside. Peterman, Dobbs, and Worley were worthy h.s. players so should exhibit progress on some level in college. Mis-coaching can make a good QB worse rather than better. However, before I explicitly condemn the staff, I'll try wait until summer training concludes and we play our first game. Said I'd try, doesn't say I manage to do so. Just so disappointed in what the video showed. It's bad when even the Weg looked better.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It's not that Dooley was ruining talented players (although he did that too), it's that he had a habit of recruited players who really weren't all that talented. Bray wasn't a Dooley recruit. Peterman and Worley were both unwanted by the major programs in their states.