Fall Practice 3 days in

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

As it should. It's astounding to me why I'm the only one here to heap the fault on Bajaikian.

2. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

What QB debacle? Sounds like Jones is giving a lot of coach/motivatational speak, and nothing more. I would say tomorrow's message is, "QB's really stepped up, and the energy is much improved. That's what we expect here at UT.". It happens everywhere this time of year.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's not just coach speak. Watch the f'ing film. We have a QB problem in year 2 that we should not.

4. g8terh8ter_eric

So, I'm supposed to take away that somehow we have this horrible QB problem from the small amount of highlights they decide to show us? What's the difference in what Jones is saying, and what most every other coach in the NCAA is saying this time of year? Do you think Jones is going to say we look like SECCG material 4 days in right now? Please step away from the edge, if you really are thinking we have a problem.

5. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Is it really that radical to assume we have a problem under center after considering how things have been developing at that position since last season ended? Look at last years's highlight tape and look at spring practice where nobody ever really "broke away" and separated themselves from the pack. That in and of itself should say something. I want Worley or Dobbs to step up and do awesome this year too, but realistically speaking how high of a chance do you honestly give of that happening?

6. g8terh8ter_eric

I just think Jones is driving that media train along the way he wants. As far as developing since last season ended, I saw Dobbs and Worley do a pretty good job during the O&W game this spring, so I'm not sure what you mean there. This time of year people hold on to everything a coach says, and I think its hard to do that considering they don't want their team to be pumped up too much. He's going to temper expectations, then raise them closer to Utah State.

7. g8terh8ter_eric

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

+ several lucky balances = Liberty Bowl Runner-Ups

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'd agree with this.

If Dobbs, as a second-year sophomore, cannot beat out Justin Worley, then I don't know what more to expect in his next two seasons than (largely) more of the same. And if Dobbs can't beat Worley, then my QB of the future is still in HS / JUCO, and I had better just admit that, and start looking for him.

10. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

11. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Besides the utter trash at QB,this shit show goes much deeper....

12. I only blame the coaches for not recruiting better qbs. The one's on the roster now all suck. Dobbs is not better than Worley.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Of course you do

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

VN post: But Ainge and Swain are saying that Worley looks like a completely different guy

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm just trying to get a rant out of you

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Maybe he's just telling the truth that they both suck which is what we already knew

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I read that Worley skipped about 4 passes short of his receivers today. God I hope that's not right. He did that too much last year.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not pushing the panic button yet, but I have located it.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Perfect

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If you listen to Swains practice reports he has us competing for a NC.