Fall Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Aug 5, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was a clueless person's idea of taking it to the next level. So much of what he did was an imitation of things he saw as successful habits with no real understanding of them or connecting of them.

PilotFlyingJ and TennTradition like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was a tuba player in the high school band and a towel boy for the Buccaneers. He somehow got in with Rich Rod (I'm assuming he recruited because RR hated it). He then followed Brian Kelly around like a lost puppy dog.

10SEvols likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

HEY HEY HEY!

My son is a tuba player. [uck fay]nut played the trumpet.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, a trumpet player. I fully realize that doesn't make any difference in your mind but folks that were in band know that it is actually 100% relevant and makes perfect sense.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It smells like nerds in here all of a sudden

warhammer, Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

A trumpet player is often someone who wants to loudly play the melody and doesn't care about the details of the overall sound. No other instrument group is so cutthroat about what chair they sit, what part they get, who gets the solo, etc. No other group gives less of a shit that the woodwinds are heard, the drums are followed, or that the lower groupings are all in tune and in sync. They think they are the whole show because they are the most audible.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hi, welcome to the 8th. Enjoy your stay.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Seems a little trumpetist

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve never even picked up a trumpet

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

But it is so intimidating to the other team. We are still sprinting.... ... while they are up 21 on us.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

And playing 3rd down for What on 3rd and 1 while down 21. god I hate that dude.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Turnover trash can paraded around by a pudgy dude in khaki dockers was as bad as anything

utvol0427 likes this.
  13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Practice today showed that the honeymoon is over in the qb position. They need a lot of work, but better to be here now than Aug 25th.

IP likes this.
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Milton has the ability to escape and throws with a lot of heat but is JG like in game situation with his ball placement. If Bailey doesn't step up we may end up running some sort of triple option with Milton.

15. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I’d rather watch a Milton option offense than strip sack after strip sack with Bailey tbh.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Hooker or Milton will start

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You're one to talk.

You enjoy soccer. The sport invented by European ladies to keep them busy while the men we're cooking.

utvol0427 likes this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If Hooker plays a meaningful down I'll be surprised.

10SEvols and utvol0427 like this.
  20. Ssmiff

No joke. The only sport where playing for a 0-0 tie can move you to the next round