FIRE EVERYBODY!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 5, 2022.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

[uck fay] UT Martin.

none of you were gonna say it.

OneForVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So do we want Bama to keep winning until SEC championship so that win keeps looking better? Or do we want them to lose so we knock out another 1-loss team?

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We beat LSU too. They can both be 10-2, that works for me.

Memtownvol, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don’t give a shit how the Bama win looks. I want Bama to lose out.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pitt beat #20 Syracuse today too

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, not much screen game despite all the blitzing was surprising.

They brought that one guy off the edge late, unimpeded, and Hooker saw him and STILL got sacked. Made no sense.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Need Bama to win and lose to GA. Need Clemons and TCU to lose. Need a 2 loss Pac 12 champ. Need the loser of Ohio St/Mich to lose again or just suck. So lots of help. I’m kinda not hopeful but anything can happen. Would love a shot at GA again

reVOLt likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Haha I called that in one of these threads.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I cannot find a fault in this opinion.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not sure I do, but hell, take on all comers. My days of being timid and afraid are over.

reVOLt likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not really worried about Oregon. We have better wins, and both teams loss to the same team. Ours was on the road, and closer. Theirs was neutral site (I think) and an absolute ass whipping. There is no realistic argument for them over us.

Memtownvol and OneForVol like this.
  12. Tar Volon

Throw out the Bama win—I think you’re wrong there. I agree on the others. But you’ve also listed five things, and we only need four of them. And none of them are incredibly unlikely.

Very likely IMO:

1. Bama loses again
    2. TCU loses

50/50

3. Clemson loses
    4. Two-loss Pac-12 champ
    5. OSU/Michigan isn’t close.

None of these are long shots. Pick four. And smash the bottom half of the East too.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’d love to play UGA again neutral site.

14. Tar Volon

There isn’t right now, but they still get Utah and the UCLA/USC winner, who will probably be in the top ten. They have the chance to make a good last impression.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I am gonna gripe about one thing.

Our tackling, especially from the secondary, is atrocious. It makes me visibly angry, especially when I see LSU DBs taking down Bama receivers 1 on 1.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The same Utah that lost to Florida. Idk.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bama just threw to rb v a blitz for a long gain. It’s always open

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. Tar Volon

That’s the one. But that was a long time ago, and everyone has a bad game. If Oregon wins convincingly from here on out, people will talk themselves into them turning a corner.

Not 100% sure we need a two-loss Pac-12 champ, but it’d be great if none of the one-loss teams separated from the pack. We don’t want any of the three winning a couple 20-point blowouts in their last two games.

I tend to think Oregon is the most dangerous (eye test, win streak), then UCLA (hypothetical avenging their sole loss), then USC (only loss was close, but their defense stats are horrendous).

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can definitely see it happening, but it won’t make sense. The entire season has to matter. Why bother playing the first game of the season if it’s not going to matter?

20. Tar Volon

It matters, but you can make up for it. If Oregon finishes 12-1, on a 12-game winning streak, with two wins over top ten teams and two more over top 25 teams and their only loss to the #1 team in the country? That’s “in the conversation for the playoff” territory. Wouldn’t be a guarantee, but they’d be giving themselves a chance.