FIRE EVERYBODY!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 5, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Naw, I'm just kidding.

Disappointing, but not shocking. Jimmy's and Joe's matter and UGA is ahead of us still. Throw in a whole new type of game and, well, part of me was expecting this.

Anyway, 11-1 is still in the table and rhat TD may loom large in a month or so. I still think we are objectuvely better than any team other than UGA, Ohio State and Bama.

Regardless, if the Sugar Bowl is a consolation prize, it's still a helluva season.

Let's win out and see what happens. Still love this team.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay]in A.

11-1 would be something to behold. I never thought I would see it nor care this much about football again.

And once we load up on 5* players, we will be able to [uck fay] UGA in the ass

Memtownvol and reVOLt like this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not so sure we aren't objectively better than Ohio State. They haven't impressed me a bit.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

In some way this may be a pressure relief

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I was predicting 8-4. If you asked me over the summer if I would be happy at 8-1 with wins over Bama and UF with SC, Mizzo, and Vandy coming up I would have said... HELL YEAH!!! And I am.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hope there is a crowd to meet them on their return.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m over the moon about 11-1, assuming we get there, and I liked that we kept fighting today.

But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit salty that we let them off the hook a bit with all of our early mistakes.

reVOLt likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just think we would have stacked up well with them if we had played our game. And it’s frustrating that they didn’t even really have to take us out of our game. We just kind of did it to ourselves.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They have a badass defensive end that's one of the best players in the country and their receivers are insanely talented. They just don't look great all the time

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Ohio State has the same thing as Georgia, to a lesser extent, where it’s hard to tell whether they’re mortal or just going half speed half the time.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Felt like we had trouble just lining up and snapping. Ya, noise, yadda yadda.

It makes me think of the times Heupel and the players would ask for quiet when the home crowd was getting excited other weeks. Kinda need to find a way to deal with that.

reVOLt likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're mortal, Stroud cannot create plays with his feet. He's not really a statue but throwing on the move makes him look very normal

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pre snap penalties snowball. My only real complaint about this offense are those and they come in bunches.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Georgia used its crowd to maximum benefit today. Yes there was a talent gap - but there is with Bama too. We had to be able to Sustain a drive today because that’s what they gave us. And we couldn’t avoid the penalties.

And that damn coffin corner. Holy shit.

I’m salty over this one.

Memtownvol and 10SEvols like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I will say that the refs were far more active presnap. Not sure if we were subbing more or what

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also pisses me off knowing how much they were holding in the secondary. You know refs only called MAYBE 25% of those.

tn_longrifles likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have to have quicks on those blitzes and ball gone. If not, Hooker has to run at the snap.
    We didnt do near as many wr screens tonight.
    I would like more rb screens and dumps. Quick dump to rb into the same blitz over and over and he’s got 20 yards of grass. We really never do it

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’m a big believer in the value of home field in college football.

Neyland was worth 10 points when Bama came to town. 10 points when Kentucky came in here.

Athens was worth 10 points today.

Margin for error on the road against elite competition is non-existent. You don’t have to play perfect, but you have to be excellent.

Stage was too big for us, and the environment absolutely impacted our play.

Georgia in Knoxville might’ve been a lot different today. But Bama in Tuscaloosa would’ve been different as well, I’m sure.

That’s college football. Finish like we ought to, and 11-1 is a season we’ll never forget.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Also, Im drunk. So I may just be rambling and incoherent.

If so, [uck fay] you. And [uck fay] Georgia.

And [uck fay] Alabama.

I can go on with this….

VOLinDAWGland, IP and justingroves like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] Auburn !