FIRE EVERYBODY!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Time is the only explanation

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nothing like style points for an extra win over Illinois or Wake Forest.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

True. Plus we lost by 11 at UGA and Oregon was boat raced by 40 on a natural field.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oregon has 1 ranked win, if I’m reading correctly. I think we have 2 wins better than their best.

5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

PAC 12 champ won’t get in over us. We have a 14 point loss to the number one team in the country on the road. No way a one loss PAC 12 champ would jump us. Go see a therapist guys.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That’s right, but they still have Washington, OSU, Utah, and the UCLA/USC winner on the docket. Two of those will be ranked, maybe three. (They could also lose one of those)

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Washington got their only meaningful win this week. And it came against an Oregon State team that doesn’t have a meaningful win on its resume. If either of those teams is ranked next week, it will be a joke.

The whole PAC 12 is a joke. Bunch of average teams that don’t play anyone. Win one game against another team who has gotten ranked because they also don’t play anyone, and boom, top 15.

Georgia beat the brakes off of Oregon. Florida, a middle of the road SEC team, beat Utah. Wins over Washington and Oregon State shouldn’t mean jack shit. And who has USC beaten? Their best win is 17-14 over Oregon State.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t think they should, but I wouldn’t put it past the committee.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Win out and we almost assuredly are in. No way TCU goes undefeated. Mizzou, Vandy and USC can’t beat us. Worst case scenario we go 11-1, finish 5th and have to play in the Sugar Bowl. Sure today sucked, but we are still having a damn good year as we continue to build something special here under Heupel

Memtownvol, justingroves and reVOLt like this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

This is by far the most chill I’ve felt after a loss in my entire lifetime as a Tennessee fan. We are gonna be just fine. Live and learn. Today’s result will make us better in the long haul

Poppa T, Tar Volon and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We got punched in the mouth by the defending national champs and didn’t fold. We didn’t ever quite get things rolling, but the fight was there. We’ve got a shot if we get the rematch.

Poppa T likes this.
  12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It seems you have people arguing who deserves to get in and others pointing out what they think THE COMMITTEE will do. I don’t see why the argument FOR Tennessee being more deserving and the argument THAT the committee might choose a conference champion can’t co-exist.

We don’t control our own destiny so we just need to win out big. It will help us if the PAC 12 winner has 2 losses and TCU loses. It wouldn’t hurt for Clemson to lose again.

But this committee is going to decide and you cannot guarantee the logic they will use. I am just hoping we get back in and it’s possible. And I am still loving this team

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If a 1 loss team gets in, it should be the one that lost to #1 on the road. But people are ritards so you never know.

Memtownvol likes this.