Football Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volst53, Feb 11, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We had a water "trough", a garden hose hooked up to a PVC pipe with holes drilled into it. We had 2 minutes to run there, get water, and come back. In August it was about 100 degrees and you would get enough just to get your mouth wet and hope you didn't dehydrate because if you drank it you'd throw up.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Same here

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

In high school we had the water trough, but middle school was just ice.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

5. CardinalVol

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

he had the angle cuz i was forced to the short side of the field. if someone would have picked him up or blocked the guys to my right, i would have been gone. Either way, it didn't matter because we got called for a phantom block in the back.. never could find it on film.

7. CardinalVol

Excuses, excuses.

You got brought down by the kicker.

And since technically my wife's alma mater and yours are rivals (I think), I must talk smack even though she could care less.

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

HS, won about every honor you could get. Best HS memory was playing against Dennis Harrison, he was 6-8 about 290. Whooped his butt all over the field. He went on and played at Vandy and with the Eagles. Best college memory happened against GA. Tech, they had an AA LB, that I blocked down on and caught him in his ear hole, his feet went up in the air and his head hit first. Two Father's Day ago, my wife found a break down dvd of that game. I came in from work and her and the boys were in the den and pointed to the TV and asked if I've ever seen this? I almost cried when I saw it. I have no HS or college film, other than that DVD. As we sat down to watch it, my boys started grading me, I knew the block was coming up and I just sat there letting them have their fun, but when the block came I jumped up out of my chair and Yelled, " Deal with your daddy now!" They ran it back about 20 times. They have showed it to all their friends and that makes me feel pretty good!

Plus it proved that I didn't play in a leather helmet!

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ha, great story oldvol. You don't there might be other old clips floating around? What years were you on the Hill?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll go through youtube all day long if I know a timeline

11. CardinalVol

That's awesome.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Winning the thread.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Great. You cheatin' wing t bastages......

14. CardinalVol

Words cannot express how much I hate the wing-T.

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

+1....I remember three teams we played in the regular season used it and our opponent in the first round of state playoffs. I found it challenging to defend.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Haters are going to hate.

The split T is harder to stop, but the T is a beautiful thing.

17. CardinalVol

If we're talking two tight end full-house T then I love it. I just loathe the wing T with a passion.

18. CardinalVol

I will actually argue that the double cross out of the T is the most beautiful play in football.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's my base package, but I do run a wing T set as well.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I played in 7th and 8th grade. I was a little runt but I wasn't scared to get the crap knocked out of me. We played a 5-2. One day in practice they stuck me at LB for some reason, got a qb knockdown and then a couple plays later recovered a fumbled snap and nearly died at the bottom of the pile (seemed like it anyway). A couple of weeks later I got into a game against Chester County. We were up 56-0. They put me in at safety and I read the pass play about a tenth of a second too late and watched the ball go about an inch over my fingers and the guy caught it for a TD. I got killed on the sideline. That was pretty much it for my football career. Loved to get out there and play the couple of times I got to though.